Taran tactical m2 or other suggustions

luvshootin

Fanatic
Just picked up a new M2 two days ago, fired 5 rounds thru it and kicked worse than anything i have ever shot. Shot some 3 gun yesterday with it and shoulder took a beating. It said easy shooting gun.NOT. Do i need to go to a thicker gel pad, as this gun is killing me. Any advice?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Just picked up a new M2 two days ago, fired 5 rounds thru it and kicked worse than anything i have ever shot. Shot some 3 gun yesterday with it and shoulder took a beating. It said easy shooting gun.NOT. Do i need to go to a thicker gel pad, as this gun is killing me. Any advice?
What are you shooting through it?
What is your experience with a shotgun?

Inertia guns aren't quite as soft as a gas operated gun but they're not much more in terms of recoil.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
luvshootin said:
Where are you positioning the buttstock?

luvshootin

Fanatic
Wall said:
What are you shooting through it?What is your experience with a shotgun?Inertia guns aren't quite as soft as a gas operated gun but they're not much more in terms of recoil.
Winchester 12 gauge super X 2 3/4 1 ounce 7 shot
My experience shooting shotgun 46 years

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Weird, Seems odd that it'd kick that bad. I haven't seen that from any of my m2's, m1's, or vinci's. Like I said, they're not as soft as a VMax but they're not bad either. The m2's with the comfortech stock are a little better than the m1's & m2's without it..

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
My M2 without the comfortech stock is definitely softer shooting than any Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 I've shot.
Very odd that it's the hardest recoiling gun you've experienced in 46 years of shotgunnin'

luvshootin

Fanatic
Well could be im just getting old turned 60 last month, and just started 3 gun, but it makes me feel young again, have mods showing up today, oversized safety, solid loading ramp, oversized charging handle, and +7b extenstion tube by Nordic.

Now i have to figure out what belt rig, and shell holders so i can load quads. Any help would be appreciated.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
You didn't say whether your M2 has the comfort tech stock or not. If not you might try one of the cheek eeze pads for the comb of the stock. I have never noticed it with my M1 but I have a buddy that claims he had an old Montefeltro that he owned long enough to shoot one round of sporting clays becuase it nearly rattled his teeth out of his head. If you get a hard cheek weld that might be making the recoil seem worse. As far as shell holders, take a look at the Invictis Practical. They are the best ones I have found so far, but before you buy anything try to borrow a few different ones and see what works best for you. If you are lucky you won't end up with a bushel basket of caddies that you don't use anymore.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
No doubt. This isn't the trap and skeet club. My girlfriend likes my m1. If you can't handle an m2, how are you going to handle flopping prone with hot brass under your elbow after you're already 60 seconds into a stage?

luvshootin

Fanatic
Austin T said:
No doubt. This isn't the trap and skeet club. My girlfriend likes my m1. If you can't handle an m2, how are you going to handle flopping prone with hot brass under your elbow after you're already 60 seconds into a stage?
I got plenty of hot brass everywhere in the military. The sky would rain hot brass.......i can handle it.
And i have the comfort tech stock on the M2.

luvshootin

Fanatic
Well i went out this last Saturday and shot steel and clays being thrown by steel and put 125 rounds thru the gun. And no shoulder pain. I suspect i was not putting it tight against my shoulder the first time out. Now its all good. Just put a match saver on today. Now the problem i have is the pin holding the trigger assembly just falls out like the detents are not holding. I pull DOWN on the trigger assembly and it stays longer. I push up roll the weapon on its side rack the bolt pin just falls out.