Tactical vs Competition

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I don't think competition shooting has any bearing on IRL tactical engagements because I've never had a stage where the COF is "cry like a little girl while throwing your wallet at T1 and screaming 'TAKE IT ALL JUST PLEASE DON'T HURT ME'."

You sir, just got your first "like"

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Thanks guys. I feed the fire quite a bit by using Armordillo Concealment gear in every match and my Battle Comp on my AR with back up iron sights (and sometimes a flashlight), and my strange love for Magpul stuff. It's all in good fun.

Lol which one!?

Just lay em out on the tailgate... I'm polite... the one on top is fine.

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
Started out tactical, retired and became a gamer, went to the dessert a couple of times as a contractor, now trying to learn how to be a tactical gamer as I start getting ready for the CRC in September. Someone smarter than me - which could be just about anybody - one told me that in the beginning, gamers looked to the military to see what worked; now the military looks to the gamers to see what still runs after shooting a whole bunch of rounds fast, while moving, crawling, and basically abusing their guns. I watched the development of compensators and red dots in the gaming world and saw them transition into the tactical world. The lines have blurred and the only real difference is the colors worn and the patches stuck on them.

To paraphrase and mangle Chesty Puller - Who cares if you're the tactical crowd or the gamer crowd just as long as you're the shooting crowd.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Started out tactical, retired and became a gamer, went to the dessert a couple of times as a contractor, now trying to learn how to be a tactical gamer as I start getting ready for the CRC in September. Someone smarter than me - which could be just about anybody - one told me that in the beginning, gamers looked to the military to see what worked; now the military looks to the gamers to see what still runs after shooting a whole bunch of rounds fast, while moving, crawling, and basically abusing their guns. I watched the development of compensators and red dots in the gaming world and saw them transition into the tactical world. The lines have blurred and the only real difference is the colors worn and the patches stuck on them.

To paraphrase and mangle Chesty Puller - Who cares if you're the tactical crowd or the gamer crowd just as long as you're the shooting crowd.

I almost teared up reading this.

Latest posts