Super Match on SUPER BOWL SUNDAY !

What time would you prefer the Heartland Super Bowl match

• Total voters

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
This coming Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday.

Who's playing again? Oh, right, Patriots and Giants <yawn>....

But it IS the Super Bowl, and for some, it's about more than the game.

It's also the first Sunday of the month, which is our normal match. So, what to do?

I asked if there was enough interest to hold a match and less than 1/2 held up their hands, but what if...........

We held the match Sunday MORNING? Say, 9 til 1 ? (or done sooner) Stages would already be set, so we could begin the walk-thru promptly at 9, shooting at 9:05

Who would come to the morning match that would not come to the later match?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Heartland doesn't open until 1 pm on Sundays. We'd shoot and be done before they open.

Now, Tri-City also shoots Sunday morning, but I don't know if they'd be affected by our holding our match then.

It was suggested that I cancel the match, due to the Superbowl. It'd be best to keep it as scheduled, since everyone cannot possibly get the word and I'd hate for folks to show up expecting to shoot a match, only to learn it's already been shot. or cancelled.....but I want to see how much interest there is.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
If it's in the morning I can attend it. I don't have to go into work until 4:00 pm.

dennishoddy

Not a football fan, but it's usually the only game the wife and I watch all year.

I am off sunday morning, so it would be a go for me.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I was thinking, if you could set up an automated phone line like the golf courses do and we could call in for a "tee time" scheduled 3 minutes apart......

Don't you start, Mike............ :sign0104:

but that is some funny ****, right there............

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Absolutely! AND, I was thinking.........there sure is a lot of time being wasted pasting the targets between shooters. Let's not do that. If there is a question about the shot, then we'll ask the shooter what his sight picture was and go with that.....(this from a shooter with 4 hours match experience.....) :D

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Absolutely! AND, I was thinking.........there sure is a lot of time being wasted pasting the targets between shooters. Let's not do that. If there is a question about the shot, then we'll ask the shooter what his sight picture was and go with that.....(this from a shooter with 4 hours match experience.....) :D

.................actually 107 seconds of experience, depending on who you ask

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic

Hell yeah as long as I get to go last. No more Deltas or Mikes for me.

Latest posts