Super Match on SUPER BOWL SUNDAY !

What time would you prefer the Heartland Super Bowl match

• Total voters

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
My problem is that I don't get back from Germany until 2000 on Saturday. I'll be so jet lagged Sunday morning, I might actually do well!

C Hyde

Well-Known Fanatic
I am up for the morning thing. SuperBowl, is that the big bowl you eat your cereal in.

<-----[moderators comment] If she comes with you, you can shoot any damn time you want! we will schedule the event around you

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Whoever does the new shooter briefing needs to specify, I guess more than once, for the shooter to listen to the RO and go over the range commands. We had an experienced waiter....I mean shooter....pull their pistol out before the range command was given. Since they were new, the RO gave them a 2nd chance and explained why it was wrong. Had we known what we know now....we could have got them home a little earlier. :). Sorry Burke, couldn't help myself. Also, anyone using a leather holster that collapses when the gun is drawn, should not be pointing the muzzle at any part of themselves when they re-holster. Most, if not all either cover their own hand or their side when they angle the gun to put it back. The small of the back holster needs to go, no way to do it safely, especially on the re-holster. Just some thoughts...I would have shot better if not for these pucker moments.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Also, anyone using a leather holster that collapses when the gun is drawn, should not be pointing the muzzle at any part of themselves when they re-holster. Most, if not all either cover their own hand or their side when they angle the gun to put it back. The small of the back holster needs to go, no way to do it safely, especially on the re-holster. Just some thoughts...I would have shot better if not for these pucker moments.

I know what you mean. Some IWB holsters that are worn at 4-5 o'clock cause the shooter to "dig" it into the opening all the while pointing in down and back toward the gallery that is patiently waiting their turn :laugh: (my little dig). I always talk to new shooters in the orientation meeting about using two hands to re-holster. It definitely makes me nervous.

mrshooterokc

Fanatic
I know what you mean. Some IWB holsters that are worn at 4-5 o'clock cause the shooter to "dig" it into the opening all the while pointing in down and back toward the gallery that is patiently waiting their turn :laugh: (my little dig). I always talk to new shooters in the orientation meeting about using two hands to re-holster. It definitely makes me nervous.

Who are we talking about? I was wearing a comp-tac IWB and I know another shooter that was too.I seen the SOB holster as well on the first stage. I plan on being back up there Sunday morning if the director will hold the match then. Just wondering if y'all can describe who it was, since were talking about them already. I don't mean to sound rude but I think one should say something to another's face instead of on the internet, right? Isn't that the problem on certain thread elsewhere.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I spoke to the person in question. He told me he'd be very careful on the draw, which I understand he was. Afterwards, I mentioned some concerns were raised about his reholstering. He told me his side of it and also said he wouldn't be using that holster anymore at these matches, so it has become a moot point. I don't see any reason to mention names since the situation has resolved itself.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Not you sir. I wasn't at the last match

Who are we talking about? I was wearing a comp-tac IWB and I know another shooter that was too.I seen the SOB holster as well on the first stage. I plan on being back up there Sunday morning if the director will hold the match then. Just wondering if y'all can describe who it was, since were talking about them already. I don't mean to sound rude but I think one should say something to another's face instead of on the internet, right? Isn't that the problem on certain thread elsewhere.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
It's a comment in general regarding leather holsters that collapse between the belt when the gun is drawn. It almost always requires either the support hand to hold it open or to angle the muzzle toward the body to reholster. A lot of better leather holsters have a reinforced opening so this doesn't happen. And of course, kydex doesn't collapse so you don't have the issue. If you stand behind some of the shooters as they reholster you will see what I'm talking about. A muzzle crossing any part of your body, including your own fingers is not a good thing.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
It's a comment in general regarding leather holsters that collapse between the belt when the gun is drawn. It almost always requires either the support hand to hold it open or to angle the muzzle toward the body to reholster. A lot of better leather holsters have a reinforced opening so this doesn't happen. And of course, kydex doesn't collapse so you don't have the issue. If you stand behind some of the shooters as they reholster you will see what I'm talking about. A muzzle crossing any part of your body, including your own fingers is not a good thing.

They're only body parts. They grow back. Don't they?

Seriously though. Imagine a laser beam/lightsaber sticking out of the muzzle of your gun. If at any point you would "sever a limb" something is wrong and you need to change your holster or technique.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
ArGyLe64 said:
They're only body parts. They grow back. Don't they?

Seriously though. Imagine a laser beam/lightsaber sticking out of the muzzle of your gun. If at any point you would "sever a limb" something is wrong and you need to change your holster or technique.

Yeah, at least that would give me a valid reason to shoot poorly with my weak hand. And another reason to shoot in the "stubby" division. I just think we'd all like to go home with all body parts intact. Besides, blood would be very hard to clean off that rubber range floor.

mrshooterokc

Fanatic
I was just checking? I didn't think it was me..I use 2 hands if I foresee an reholstering issue..lol.

(Update: checking complete) Haha

Latest posts