Stoeger M3000 vs. Mossberg 930 JM Pro

Brian Holcomb

Fanatic
Jesse the I really like the RNT tab. It took a tiny bit of filing to fit it under the handguard and seems to work perfectly. I'll report back after next week's match. I didn't have to do anything to my mag tube to make the extension fit, I know some people have said that they had to do some work to make it fit, but my +6 Nordic tube went right on and gives me 10+1 flush with the 26" barrel.

WP_20140228_008_zps69cd6782.jpg

WP_20140228_009_zps323a9b01.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
BHolcomb said:
Jesse the I really like the RNT tab. It took a tiny bit of filing to fit it under the handguard and seems to work perfectly. I'll report back after next week's match. I didn't have to do anything to my mag tube to make the extension fit, I know some people have said that they had to do some work to make it fit, but my +6 Nordic tube went right on and gives me 10+1 flush with the 26" barrel.

WP_20140228_008_zps69cd6782.jpg

WP_20140228_009_zps323a9b01.jpg
Nice! How much do you have in that rig?

jtischauser

RigPig (Matthew Hoff) said:
The Stoeger M3000 takes the Benelli Mobil chokes I believe.
It does. These fit the M1 & Nova too. The Benelli Crio chokes fit the M2/super nova. This is my M3 triple aught with my M2 Crio chokes in it.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse, can you post a pic of your load port so we can see how far forward you took it? Hard to see in video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Brian Holcomb

Fanatic
Total, I'm in it $635. I got the gun slightly used off of a friend for $425. Ran 50 rounds of 00 buckshot through it tonight, running shoot 1, load 2, shoot 1 load 2, until the mag was full and then dumping the whole magazine of 10 shells and doing it all over again. It ran flawlessly, and I'm really looking forward to shooting it this season.

Mike.45

Founding Member
Hey Jesse, now I have given up the wasted years weak hand loading I am Taccom all the way, but I need to mod my M2 some more. Its already hogged out a bit but I understand your M2 is stripped clean. Any chance you can post some up close shots of your loading port so I can get an idea how far I can go ??

Thanks mate

Mike

6ft8

New Fanatic
3 people ran my 24" 930 JM last Sunday at ussa (wife, friend and I).
I picked it up 2 weeks prior to the match and stripped/cleaned all the factory grease off of it (except the follower, first time messing with an auto sg minus saiga 12). Broke it in with 40 slugs and ran 300rds of federal bulk without cleaning. Ran great, no malfunctions.
Thoroughly cleaned the sg but didn't know to take the rings off the gas piston and scrape all the carbon off.
The first 4 stages we shot it ran perfectly.
On the 5th stage I got feeding malfunctions where the shell wasnt being fully ejected from the mag tube and I had to reach into the chamber to pull it out. When my wife used it after me, she didn't encounter any problems.
Stripped it Monday morning and couldnt believe the carbon/grease build up on the follower and the carbon built up in the rings of the gas piston.
I went ahead and polished the follower and gas system.
I'm really new to 3 gun but I suspect that my jm will run fine now and id recommend them. The system malfunctioned because of me

jtischauser

635 shells thru the M3000 test mule this weekend. After running thru 200 rounds of Winchester Universal and Federal Walmart Bulk Pack I tore into the two cases of Rio and Estate shells I bought. I quickly learned that about 2-3/25 of the Rio and 5-10/25 of the Estate will not extract once you heat up the chamber with a 100+ continuous rounds. With the gun still sizzling I ran 125 rounds of AA's thru it again and it ran flawlessly. Moral of the story run everything you can thru your gun to make sure it will work especially if you plan on feeding it trash.

I now have over 1350 rounds thru this gun. I'm sold on it as THE option for the budget 3 gun shotgun. Would make a great backup or practice gun too.

jtischauser

It's a little sore. I did do a bunch of hip shooting too. I ordered a kick eez buttpad and installed a cheek eez pad today.

Brian Holcomb

Fanatic
Ran it at a match last Saturday. I purposely ran a mixed bag of shitty ammo through it, 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz loads of #7.5 and #8 shot, all ran through it without issue. A malf or two wasn't going to make much difference in the final score as I was shooting against Scott MacGregor and Andy Peterson, but the gun took it all like a champ.

I've been shooting a pump gun for so much for so many years now that I have to adjust to how quickly I can shoot a semi auto. As usual, the loose nut behind the gun is the biggest obstacle to consistent high performance.

Latest posts