Stoeger M3000 vs. Mossberg 930 JM Pro

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
limitedgun said:
Is anyone doing bolt lightening yet for the M3000? Would be interesting to see some pics of what guys are doing with them and the results.
Just my opinion, but it's a $500 shotgun that runs pretty darn good as is. If someone wants all the racey go fast mods, money would be better spent on a top tier platform.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Bob Sanders said:
Just my opinion, but it's a $500 shotgun that runs pretty darn good as is. If someone wants all the racey go fast mods, money would be better spent on a top tier platform.
You beat me to it. No sense in paying $200 on a $500 gun just to make the bolt look cool.

You can't get close to the weight of a Benelli bolt due to The extra weight on the action bats and recoil spring system stuff.

MarkCh

Well-Known Fanatic
I just got my 24-inch M3000 in last week, installed a +8 Nordic tube on it, plus an oversized safety and oversized bolt handle and got it out to the range earlier this week. I didn't have much time but ran a couple of boxes of 1350 fps Winchester through it and it ran like a champ. I'm going to get it out a couple more times and run a few hundred rounds before declaring that I like it, but so far so good. If it continues to run fine I'll do a little work on the loading port. I'm hoping I can run some lighter shells through it than I was in my 930 JM. If I shot anything under the 1350s through it I had frequent failures.

MarkCO

Well-Known Fanatic
limitedgun said:
Is anyone doing bolt lightening yet for the M3000? Would be interesting to see some pics of what guys are doing with them and the results.
It won't get you anything but bling.

Latest posts