STI Staccato C

HB Rider

Active Fanatic
I have seen several threads here about the STI Staccato P, but none about the Staccato C. I still like my Dan Wesson ECO for daily carry, but I'm curious to learn what others think about the Staccato C. This video puts the Staccato C with the ECO and a Springfield RO Compact, both of which seem to be in the Staccato C size class.

45 Ralph

Well-Known Fanatic
It's an adequate carry gun. But for me it's a tough choice between this and the DW. And I own a couple of STIs..

Rogrrr

Fanatic
I really don't know why STI gives their guns names like trojan, staccato, or,,,,
Why not simply a number (1911-1, 2011-4) so we can SEE/KEEP track of WTF they are doing ?!?
I have a couple and while I like them, I don't always have my "score card" to keep track of them.

I'm also wondering why my (EDC) DW 1911 (K03) which has a 15# recoil spring, but my (full size) STI Executive 2011 (feels like it) has a 22# recoil spring. Every time I do a 'press check' I curse them. Even with the slots in the front of the slide, it's still difficult to do the check.
And, don't get me started on their (overly sprung) magazines, which I have no end of trouble loading to full capacity....

45 Ralph

Well-Known Fanatic
I really don't know why STI gives their guns names like trojan, staccato, or,,,,
Why not simply a number (1911-1, 2011-4) so we can SEE/KEEP track of WTF they are doing ?!?
I have a couple and while I like them, I don't always have my "score card" to keep track of them.

I'm also wondering why my (EDC) DW 1911 (K03) which has a 15# recoil spring, but my (full size) STI Executive 2011 (feels like it) has a 22# recoil spring. Every time I do a 'press check' I curse them. Even with the slots in the front of the slide, it's still difficult to do the check.
And, don't get me started on their (overly sprung) magazines, which I have no end of trouble loading to full capacity....
What caliber is the STI? Sounds like it's a 45 or a 10mm.

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Excellent, non-prejudicial review. So many reviews are biased in the subjectivity part of the review. You handle that well. I have a 9mm Staccato-C and am total agreement with everything in your review. Took it, and my Wilson EDC X9, to the range the other day for a side by side comparison and while both grouped well from 7-25 yards, the Wilson was just smoother. Of course, much higher priced. But ignoring the price difference and aesthetics, both are incredibly functional, accurate EDC guns. Boils down to $$$ willing to spend for a little extra, and of course, the Wilson name. The Staccato, for me, conceals better with almost no printing with my AIWB Tucker & Byrd holster, But of course, the Wilson is a much higher capacity gun and thus will be a littler less concealable.

HB Rider

Active Fanatic
Excellent, non-prejudicial review. So many reviews are biased in the subjectivity part of the review. You handle that well. I have a 9mm Staccato-C and am total agreement with everything in your review. Took it, and my Wilson EDC X9, to the range the other day for a side by side comparison and while both grouped well from 7-25 yards, the Wilson was just smoother. Of course, much higher priced. But ignoring the price difference and aesthetics, both are incredibly functional, accurate EDC guns. Boils down to $$$ willing to spend for a little extra, and of course, the Wilson name. The Staccato, for me, conceals better with almost no printing with my AIWB Tucker & Byrd holster, But of course, the Wilson is a much higher capacity gun and thus will be a littler less concealable.

Thanks for the feedback. That was our first video review, but we are in the process of doing a 22-part side-by-side comparison of 44 1911 pistols, along with other non-1911 reviews. We recently published Part 5 - STI Duty One 5.0 Lite vs Rock Island 9mm and Part 6 will be up this Friday - Kimber Custom TLE TFS vs Dan Wesson Vigil Suppressor Ready and Part 7 is in the works - Sig Stainless Target Elite 9mm vs Springfield Range Officer. Feedback and suggestions are always appreciated.

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
Which Tucker & Byrd holster do you have? Can you post a pic of your rig?

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Great review! Have been interested in these due to the rail...but I also have a DW ECO 9mm and after your review will probably just stick with that, LOL. Great job!

HB Rider

Active Fanatic
Great review! Have been interested in these due to the rail...but I also have a DW ECO 9mm and after your review will probably just stick with that, LOL. Great job!

Zipper, thanks for watching and for your comment. As part of The Great Affordable 1911 Series, Rider's Range will be reviewing DW ECOs in both .45acp and 9mm, putting each along side similar guns from different manufacturers. I anticipate that part of the series will be coming out this fall, as we still have to get through 7 videos comparing and contrasting Commander-class pistols in .45, 9 and .40 before we get to the Officer-class and Ultra-compact class guns. Our list of coming comparisons, as well as links to videos that have already been published can be found at www.riders-range.com. An introduction and overview of the series is here:

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Which Tucker & Byrd holster do you have? Can you post a pic of your rig?
I did post a picture in the section on Wilson Combat Picture thread. . The one I showed was an outside the belt with a Marine Corps medallion on the outside of the holster.

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
I did post a picture in the section on Wilson Combat Picture thread. . The one I showed was an outside the belt with a Marine Corps medallion on the outside of the holster.
Thanks I'll check out the picture there.
But I was most interested in the AIWB model you have. Which T&B model?

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
My tucker & Byrd AIWB is Kydex with leather lining. Have several of these for various guns. All great.
Like this one? DC-2 IWB
4093F6C7-F833-4C3D-A68E-12E6531218B1.jpeg
I have been to their shop in Porter and met Charles Byrd. Does great work and I have one of his OWB holsters.

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Like this one? DC-2 IWB
View attachment 5396
I have been to their shop in Porter and met Charles Byrd. Does great work and I have one of his OWB holsters.
Exactly. So comfortable you hardly know you have it on. I'm looking at two of mine; one with my Wilson EDC X9 and the other my STI Staccato C. But I have the wider belt attachment.

45 Ralph

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't know if you have a lot of rounds through them.

But if you don't. Put 3 or 400 rounds through it. It should lossen up. Good luck with those fine 1911s

Rogrrr

Fanatic
What caliber is the STI? Sounds like it's a 45 or a 10mm.
My 1911 is 9mm while my Executive 2011 is a 45.
I like the 45 except that the mag is extremely hard to load to near capacity. Also they should put witness holes on the back of the mags.