STI Marauder VS XDm 5.25 with great trigger job. Would the STI make me shoot better?

Mondo Garcia

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey guys, I have a Xdm 5.25 with a great, crisp 3lb trigger pull. All things equal, would upgrading to a STI Marauder or Custom 2011 make me a better shooter (again, keeping all things equal).

I shoot damn decent with the Xdm, but am wondering if I should upgrade. Since the upgrade will be in the $1000s, I am wondering

1) If it would be worth the extra $$$$
2) what Exactly would be the benefits?

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Mondo

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Get to the point where the quality of your shooting justifies the 2011. It won't make you a better shooter. It may cost you extra time in your development, because the trigger is a crutch that is so, SO easy to lean on.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
threegungeezer said:
Keep the Xdm and spend the money on ammo. As they say it is the Indian not the arrow.
^^^ this. Keep the XDm and buy ammo. Practice will make you a better shooter much more than a 2011 will.
You should also take a class like AP1 at T.D.S.A. you'll benefit from it.... guaranteed.

UCO Shooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
^^^ this. Keep the XDm and buy ammo. Practice will make you a better shooter much more than a 2011 will.
You should also take a class like AP1 at T.D.S.A. you'll benefit from it.... guaranteed.
^^^^^^ this!! The best money you will ever spend!

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
What he said.....

Sundance74

Well-Known Fanatic
I get so tired of hearing this argument

Which would you rather have if you were shooting a deer at 100yds a Winchester 94 30-30 or a Surgeon Scalpel in 308? They both will do the job right? Now what if that deer is over 300yds away? How about we decide to shoot something smaller like a golf ball? How far would you feel confident with each rifle?
Confidence is worth every penny.

Mondo, you do shoot that XD Damn well. A 2011 won't hurt anything but your pocketbook for a little while.

Feegee

The Magic Man
If you come to the OKC Gun Club match or any of the others we all go to you can shoot my 6" custom STI for 3 or 4 matches and see where you would want to go from there.

45recoil

likes to party
Feegee Matlock said:
If you come to the OKC Gun Club match or any of the others we all go to you can shoot my 6" custom STI for 3 or 4 matches and see where you would want to go from there.
he lives in another state Feegee....another state....

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
do you need it......no
will it make you a better shooter......no
Should you get it anyway......absolutely

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I look at it this way. If you align your sights perfectly every time while pulling the trigger perfectly every time you will hit every target every time no matter the gun. If you have a more accurate gun and a lighter shorter trigger you will hit more targets when you don't align the sights perfectly and/or don't pull the trigger perfectly.

An XDM won't make you miss more than a 2011 if you do your part. But a 2011 might help you miss less than with an XDM if you don't do you're part.

It's a lot easier to shoot a 2lb single action trigger fast and accurate.

Clint Dismore

Well-Known Fanatic
What they said. Was interested in one and rented a 40 from h&h. Now I have 3. Do they make me a better shooter? Probably not but it sure is fun if you can afford it

Latest posts