South Dakota New Guy

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Hi from the Black Hills of South Dakota. New to this Forum, but have had 1911s for several years. Started with Baers, added a few NightHawks, and most recently acquired a Guncrafter. Look forward to learning more from the wealth of knowledge here.
Sounds like a great collection. Welcome from Eastern NC. Glad to have you. Enjoy the conversation. There's a great group here with a wealth of knowledge.

Welcome from south of the Twin Cities, soon to be central Florida.
Tell me about your Guncrafter. Should I resist temptation or dive in?
Hi, I bought a Guncrafter Renaissance "Hoss", .45. I love it. I had been migrating over to red dot sights on all my guns due to me eyesight. This is the first gun I shot with a gold bead front. So far that's working for me. Gun is crazy accurate, now I just need to get better. Down side is, now I'll have some Night Hawks to sell lol

Attachments

• hoss4 copy.jpg
    hoss4 copy.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Welcome to the site..& greetings from S.E. Mi..
guess you don't need to be sold on the 1911 platform, from the contents of your collection. ;) :)
Hey Joe, Thanks. I've enjoyed them over the years. I've got a couple plastic guns, I can toss em in my saddle bags, or they can rattle around the truck. Id never do that with my 1911s.

Last edited:
I know it's nothing compared to alot of guys on here, but these are the best groups I've shot with a 1911. The top group was 200 gr lswc that I've used for some time. Bottom was some 185 gr I just got. Both by Mo Bullet Co.

Attachments

• hoss groups.JPG
    hoss groups.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 3

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
welcome mouse GIF
@Black Bikes Matter
Do you have a black bike? My old Vincent was black.

Not my Bike I bought the Aerial as a basket case & rebuilt it & then traded if for a Snortin Norton.

gettyimages-615689316-612x612.jpg

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I had both a Bultaco Metralla and an Ossa Pioneer, some years ago.
Ended up giving the Ossa away.. got it from a friend when I sold him my '79 XT-500. He said, you have to take that Ossa, as he had no room for both in hus garage.
He'd bought the Ossa new, & let it sit for about 20 yrs.I got it running , rode it around for awhile, then carb started leaking , so I parked it.
Had a bunch of other bikes (about 8 or 9 @ the time) so it sat..gave it to a another friend that wanted to restore it.

I also rode motocross, in the early-mid 70's..had a ported & piped TM 250 I raced on military base tracks while stationed in japan,
then bought an RM 370B after I returned to San Diego..the RM was a great bike to ride in the desert..very fast.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
"That was a Golden Era".. that certainly was/ is true..
I went to San D. in '72 , for USN boot camp,...stayed there for HM "A"school, .& "C" school (Electroencephalography Tech) school.
Sent to Japan X 2 yrs, then returned to San D. for last year of USN, & stayed there for college (SDCC & SDSU)
Worked there from '81-'86..had bought my '79 FXEF & had a few dirt bikes, enjoyed the So. Calif lifestyle.
Beautiful place & few people (@ the time)..Until around '85, noticed it was starting to get crowded @ the beaches,
couldn't catch a wave w/o someone standing in front of you. Left in '87, returned to Mi., where I'd been raised, to care for aging parents w/ health issues.

Didn't return to San D. until '98..that was my last time there.
It was so dirty, & crowded it broke my heart to see how it had become "developed"
Desert area I used to ride is now fenced off as a "desert tortoise preserve " (!) (Anza Borrego Desert State Park)
Area off 805 South, near the Tecate border crossing, was canyons as far as you could see, ( another Favorite riding spot)
is now subdivisions, for as far as you can see.
No interest in going back there, was too upsetting to see the changes.
It'll never go back to that " Golden Era"...guess I'm fortunate I got to spend the time there when it was.

Latest posts