So, many have 1911s here,.....let’s see those “odd ball” pistols

DukeSoprano

Well-Known Fanatic
412704476.jpg

quantico

Active Fanatic
Not sure if you guys consider this oddball on a 1911 site, but this is one of 2 38 special wadcutter factory colt N.M. that i have. From the outside they look like any 1911, inside things are very different. View attachment 679 View attachment 678 View attachment 677
those are some sexy and fantastic looking 1911's. wow i would love to shoot one in that caliber some day. i have zero experience with 38 special in a semi auto . how different are the parts inside? the coonan 357 auto is another , how did they do that ?? moment in gun technology .

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
A rare little 45acp the Fire Star by STAR. It's a great little gun that can be used as a boat anchor in a pinch LOL.
View attachment 1154
Boat anchor is no joke! I had a Firestar .40 in the Starvel finish. I sort of miss the little bugger when I get the urge to work out with hand weights...

1911U004

Well-Known Fanatic
How about a little more information?
The story goes that Bill Laughridge of Cylinder and Slide always loved the little 1908 Colt hammerless pistols and wanted one in .45. So he started with a CCO silver soldered a new backs on the slide and frame to give it the right look turned a bull barrel to the right configuration added a round butt....
It's a pretty interesting piece. One of the original 50 frame/slide sets he had made. It came with 2 magazines that are numbered to match the pistol. The firing pin is a two piece unit. They have/had ordered 50 more sets but I do not know if any are still available.

Barb

Well-Known Fanatic
@1911U004 I am drooling over your NAA. Lucky you. I have probably 20 Freedom Arms and NAA's including cylinders without safety notch and buckles but I only have the Gen2 Ranger. And yes the price has gone up and up..As you said, "Not sure if this is an oddball or not." but is sure is nice and rare....

Latest posts