So......back to Illinois for me

Mark

Fanatic
Greg, the company I used to work for (10 years til oil prices dropped, then got laid off) got acquired by GE. The acquisition, new corporate structure, and culture of GE is what's prevented me from ever going back when the opportunities arose. GE is a mess, no matter what the wage scales pay out at.

SLAM37

Well-Known Fanatic
I can imagine how stressful this is ... hang in there, and best of luck.

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
If the plant you were working for has G.E. involved,
I am not at all surprised!,

As a guy who has operated and worked on and around GE Aircraft Engines for 18 years I am not surprised at the lack
of an organized training program.

GE had a customer training center I spent time in, in Cincinnati known as Ctac for years that was shut down
for financial reasons.

The good folks there. had slogans they whispered about
GE.

GE...Imagine if It worked

GE... If it starts with G and ends with E it may be garbage!

And my personal favorite...
GE... You May find better but you'll never pay more.,

Anyway Bender. Good luck in your search.
Just the same. . You and I both have to get out of Illinois.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
My company had the bright idea that GE was on the cutting edge of everything. They hired a bunch of ex GE employees as consultants. They were good people, but the alleged training skills they learned at GE left much to be desired. They were typical consultants . They borrow your watch to tell you what time it is.

Jack Welch gets a lot of Kudos for revolutionizing GE. Talking to the employees there would indicate "decimated " is more the word. Classic cost reduce for short term earnings bump, then pay for the lack of planning over the long term.

Good move Bender.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
So,...we are making plans to move to Indiana. Picking up a class A motor coach next week. Will allow us flexibility and a place to stay when selling the house. Anyone want to buy a house?
Indiana is a pretty good place to live. State doesn't mess with you and the gun rights are good.

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
Safe travels, G! Class A motor home sounds first class!! It's a sellers market, your house should move quickly. And springtime is the best time to list it!

Latest posts