Sniper Scopes

Im thinking about this one on my howa sniper rifle.
Thoughts?

52788.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
building some targets to put out there for milling exercises.

What are milling exercises?

We do have an awesome moving target system that we can shoot to 100 on.

That moving target system is badass. Steve and I trained on it before the Tiger Valley Sniper match. We didn't end up shooting any movers but had we done so we would have dominated that stage. I woudl like to spend about a week shooting that bay with all of my guns.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
milling exercises is figuring out unknown distances by using you reticle and a bit of math.

Yeah that's a BSA and they are crap. My cousin bought one because it's called "tactical stealth" or something. The glass is horrible. But the only feature I liked was that the target turrets are locked in place when you push the turret down.

Steve Aryan

Active Fanatic
I haven't yet had the opportunity to use the zero stop feature but if it's as good as you say then I'm sure I'll like it more than the push/pull turrets.
Premier has push pull turrets I think. I have never spun my NF scope off though. Wade spun his S&B off twice at a match.

Milling exercises are when you use your reticle in your scope to range a target who's height and/or width are known to determine the range. If I cut smaller targets out and tell you that they are really 36" tall and put them at 100 yards then it represents a target at much greater distances. I have IDPA cut outs that go past 1,000 and work great for those drills. These are also known as UKD (Unknown Distance) drills.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Started off as a Remington 700 AAC-SD in .308

Bell and Carlson A2... I remolded the forearm

I'd like to see more about what you did, and how. I have the same stock on my 700, and would like to be able to mount a bipod (or anything) without using an adapter on the flat forearm.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd like to see more about what you did, and how. I have the same stock on my 700, and would like to be able to mount a bipod (or anything) without using an adapter on the flat forearm.

It's still flat on the bottom. I just redone the square sanding block feel of the sides and front. It's got a 4" rail with an Atlas Bipod on it now, but I had a Harris on it for a while (in the pic). I never had any problem with the Harris bipods rounded shape shifting on the flat stock. I'll take close up pics of the forearm and post em.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic

mygun003.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

Same stock and bottom metal. The rest has changed. All I did was took out a mouse sander and rounded all the corners. I added Marine-Tex to fill it up and make it more round and then sanded it smooth. You can see in the 2nd pic how the flat part of the stock sits on the Harris bipod

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine's not a true Harris (knock-off for now), maybe that was it. Either that or I just didn't tighten it enough. It didn't seem secure.

Looks nice!

rcnich

New Fanatic
Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T M1 (30 mm tube) TMR

Attachments

• mark-4-4-5-14x50mm-lrt-m1-angle.jpg
    mark-4-4-5-14x50mm-lrt-m1-angle.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 14

Repete34

USSA
I have to say I like Night Force the best. I have use one out to 1 mile on the 50BMG, hitting 15 truck rims.

Repete34

USSA
Hmm, I've been wondering if maybe I had my head tilted more or less than needed and if that was the reason the crosshair looked odd. Additionally, the NXS reticle is very much different than what I had mounted and that could be another reason why it looks strange.

This is what my Hawke reticle looked like, followed by what I have now - the NP-R2.

SR6Red.gif

opplanet-nightforce-3-5-15x50-nxs-illuminated-riflescope-nxs3515-reticle-np-r2.jpg

I like the R2 more than any other reticle I have seen. I have a 8-32 BR with the R2 on the .50 and would not want to change to anything else.

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
I plan on having my R2 reticle changed to the R1 because it has smaller MOA increments for range finding.

opplanet-nightforce-3-5-15x50-nxs-illuminated-riflescope-nxs3515-reticle-np-r1.jpg

Latest posts