Sights

tul9033

Founding Member
I've been on a sight swap marathon. So far I have used the following:
Dawson rear/Dawson narrow fiber front which I like but the sharp corners are annoying and it rusts no matter how much I oil it. Easy to make precise shots with if I take my time, not the fastest to pick up initially for me.
Heinie Slant Pro with a black Heinie front, I was surprised at this one, easy to pick up. I prefer a square front, this one was slanted and rounded making it a bit harder to align the front. It is coated and sharp edges are kept to a minimum.
Stock Novak front/rear on the M&P Pro, been fine on the close up stuff but not a real precise sight on the longer stuff. The .060 fiber front is big, everything else I have used has been .040.
Sevigny set with fiber front. Still working on this one. Seems to be in the middle of the Dawson and Novak, not as thin as the Dawson or as wide as the Novak. Rounded edges and coating comes off easily.

I'm in the process of making the switch from a G17 to a AI M&P Pro.
What are you experiences and why have you chosen what you use?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have only used the Dawsone front fiber with adjustable rear and I am a happy camper. I woudl like to try something with out the outside corners on the rear so that you can see more target but I am not changing 5 sets of sights anyti,e soon. The Dawson's do have a rust problem don't they? Kinda weird!

Latest posts