Shotgun tube & barrel clamp

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Do you use the barrel clamp that comes with the magazine tube extension? What length of extension/barrel do you have? What are your reasons either way?

I have a +9 on a 24" Benelli M1 and have never used the barrel clamp. In fact, I don't think I even have it anymore.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a +6 tube and do not use the barrel clamp, the guy that built my shotgun said there was really no need for it, and he knows a lot more about it than I do, so I followed his advice.

Burk Cornelius said:
Do you use the barrel clamp that comes with the magazine tube extension? What length of extension/barrel do you have? What are your reasons either way?

I have a +9 on a 24" Benelli M1 and have never used the barrel clamp. In fact, I don't think I even have it anymore.
Id be running a clamp on a +9.

Cajun0007

Well-Known Fanatic
Recently bought a new M2 24" shotgun from some guy in CA that you have never heard of. Shotgun showed up with a barrel clamp and went to the range to shoot slugs and it was hitting bullseyes at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Took the clamp off to clean it and decided to not put it back on. Shot slugs without clamp and couldn't hit paper at 50 yards. Put the clamp back on last week and now it is shooting bullseyes again. This shotgun will always wear a barrel clamp from now on. Does that make me a fag?

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Burk Cornelius said:

Your clamp is sitting on my work bench.

Cajun0007 said:
Recently bought a new M2 24" shotgun from some guy in CA that you have never heard of. Shotgun showed up with a barrel clamp and went to the range to shoot slugs and it was hitting bullseyes at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Took the clamp off to clean it and decided to not put it back on. Shot slugs without clamp and couldn't hit paper at 50 yards. Put the clamp back on last week and now it is shooting bullseyes again. This shotgun will always wear a barrel clamp from now on. Does that make me a fag?
no, it makes you someone that bought a shotgun with a misaligned barrel.

FAG!

Lol! just kidding james

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I have seen more than 1 person not install the clamp incorrectly (especially the Nordic ones) and cause things to bind up so that it wouldn't feed right due to canting the tube. It's usually one of the 1st things I take off. Not all tubes are super strong like my Nordic tube though.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I've owned my fair share of Benelli shoguns. I have seen several with mag tubes that were way out of alignment. They tube either got way closer or way further away from the barrel as it got closer to the end of the barrel. Those would obviously have some issues with running a clamp.

I clamp isn't needed IMHO unless you need it for the pic rail for a light or for the QD Nordic sling swivel deal.

desert_gypsy

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I've owned my fair share of Benelli shoguns.
I want a shogun.

shogun2.jpg

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
no, it makes you someone that bought a shotgun with a misaligned barrel.

FAG!

Lol! just kidding james
I thought it would be misaligned mag tube..... am i wrong accurate ron?

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Cameron Gonder (gondo) said:
I thought it would be misaligned mag tube..... am i wrong accurate ron?
I'm no accurate Ron, but since it can't hit paper with the clamp off I'd think it to be the barrel. If he was hitting bulls without a clamp and then put installed a clamp and pulled shots off paper, then it would be a misaligned tube. Or something like that.

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
RigPig (Matthew Hoff) said:
I'm no accurate Ron, but since it can't hit paper with the clamp off I'd think it to be the barrel. If he was hitting bulls without a clamp and then put installed a clamp and pulled shots off paper, then it would be a misaligned tube. Or something like that.
may be... we shall see

jeez, you guys read too closely.
if a barrel is misaligned, it could be due to a mag tube thats misaligned, thats causing the misalignmentalthough you coulld say that its the receiver thats misaligned; the tube and barrel are perfect.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine came with a clamp and shoots straight and works so I ain't changing anything esp since it's a JM Pro

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
mike cyrwus said:
although you coulld say that its the receiver thats misaligned; the tube and barrel are perfect.
Didn't KurtM make a jig or something that measures the receiver alignment?

Latest posts