shot load for 3 gun. 1-1/4 oz. allowed?

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
I ask only because of all I read I see no mention of payload limit. Seems that there is none. Only limit on shot size mentioned.

If I am to shoot my Browning A-5 I will need to use the heavy payload. It is a Magnum and I have not been able to develop a 1-1/8 oz. lead load that will reliably cycle it.

Or I'll opt for the easiest solution at this time: shoot a 2-3/4" slide shotgun.

Thanks

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I've seen limits on shot size and bans on steel shot, but never payload or velocity. I'm going to have to recheck the rules for Lead Farm to make sure my #6 Remington Express Long Range is okay. I found it'll put a spinner over with one shot, even with IC choke.

Edit- No shot size restriction with them; as long as it isn't buckshot, it's good.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
dennishoddy said:
What are the limits on velocity?
Nordic Shotgun match put a limit on both shot size and velocity to eliminate Federal Flight Control Prairie Storm shells. Not much sense in having s spinner if you can hammer it in one sot and not only spin it but knock it over. The limit is 1300 fps if memory serves me right.

It makes sense actually. Spinners aren't a challenge with a bazooka.

Latest posts