Screwed up knee

okorpheus

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, somehow managed to screw up my knee at the IDPA match at ATA yesterday. Running into a position as I stopped and engaged the first target there it felt like someone whacked the outside of my knee with a baseball bat and I was down. Not sure what exactly happened, the only thing I was thinking about was keeping my finger off the trigger and the muzzle downrange. Urgent care clinic gave me crutches and a knee brace and is supposed to set up an MRI.

I want to say thanks to Robert and everyone else that helped me out at Alpha Training Academy. The helped and handled the situation very well.

The Antichrome

View attachment 7426

But did you get an awesome Frankenscar?
Shot the Lamar match today. My little buddy Brixey took a nasty spill and ended up with 9 staples.

He split that knee wide open.

I'm just glad we had a stapler in the bucket.

Seriously though...heal up quick!

Attachments

• Brixeys Frankenknee.jpg
    Brixeys Frankenknee.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2

okorpheus

Well-Known Fanatic
Luckily nothing like that. Hoping it just heals. It's weird, but there's no pain at am when resting, but as soon as any weight is put on it, burst of pain and I'm down.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

That sucks okorpheaus. I hope recovery is quick.

Tore a minuscus last year that had to be repaired.

Robert, I've got some hog ring pliars to put in your first aid kit. Works better than those staples. Patch him up and get back to shooting. :D

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
bet you were trying to stop real fast to do a flat footed reload.....ahahahahah ........... seriously though good luck with it

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Sometimes an injury like that can actually be an ACL tear. Too bad I wasn't shooting that match, I could have taken a look.

okorpheus

Well-Known Fanatic
The Dr. at the clinic said maybe meniscus or LCL, or MCL. I've got an MRI Wednesday and I'm trying to keep all weight off of it until then for fear of doing further damage. I'm a teacher, so luckily this time of year I have the ability to just rest it. Still sucks but at least it isn't affecting work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Latest posts