Round Count

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
I’m trying to get some more folks down in Lawton interested in three gunning. Sent some of the rules to a few and the question of round counts came up. Surprisingly, there were not a lot of references to the total number of rounds needed for a match, local, regional, or major.

Could some of you more experienced shooters please post some of the round counts from the matches in your experience?

I'd like the information in the following format so that I separate it by match.

Ft Benning 3 Gun 2010 - 212 Rifle / 211 Pistol / 189 Birdshot / 45 Slug
OKC GC May 2011 - 121 Rifle / 143 Pistol / 62 Birdshot / 4 Slug

Thanks,

Don

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
For a 4-5 stage local match, it is best to stay around 100 pistol, 100 rifle and 50 shot with an occasional 10 rounds of slugs. That way you can get through the match, in good time, it doesn't bankrupt anyone, and the stages will have enough stuff to do in them to be fun. Now this doesn't mean that you can't accasionally throw in more, and it certainly doesn't mean that you have to use that much, but it is a general guide line.

For bigger matches it can look like the Ft. Benning Example you posted and more.( which was a very fun match by the way, plus shooting a M-249 and an M-203 and the ride to one of the ranges in a Sryker)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I usually bring 150-200 of ammo for each gun to a local match.
I usually bring 250-300 of ammo for each gun to a major match.

Typical required round counts are usually 2/3 to 1/2 of what I bring along.

Latest posts