Rifle sling recommendations

ShaneP

Looks good to me
With the upcoming OKCGC IPSC Rifle match just around the corner, I need to get a sling on order and installed on my rifle. What is everyone using for a competition use sling? If it matters, I have the AP Customs CF handguard with a QD stud, and the ACE ARFX stock that is tapped on either side to accept a stud. Not looking for anything fancy, just something that will not get me DQ'd or cause me to damage my rifle.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
Burk Cornelius said:
I don't think a sling is going to be required

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3
Who am I to believe, you or the guy that is putting on the match?
"You will get dirty, you will need a sling, you will have a blast!!! This won't be a track meet match, but it will be tough nonetheless."
I guess I'll get one so that I'm prepared and if I wind up not using it then I can always sell it on ebay.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Maybe Pinto will chime in. He told me Saturday that we wouldn't be REQUIRED to have one

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I know a guy that knows a guy who once sold Pinto a shotgun caddie, and he told me that a rifle sling is not required for this match, but it would be beneficial/recommended to have. Looks like I'll be getting one.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If you want a sling for improving your shooting you probably need to go with the Kurt Miller setup with the Ching Sling deal. It helps stabilize you and the gun.

LoganbillJ

Sponsor
Another +1 for the VTAC. I would recommend non-padded if you of smaller build. I am 5'11" 170 and there is no way I would ever be able to get a padded adjusted correctly.

David Marlow said:
If it's for stability, forget what I said about VTAC. VTAC is more of a holster for your rifle. Go Bob Sanders-school with a 1903 sling.
You can use the VTAC for stability you just have to spend some time setting up the sling to work for you.

Latest posts