Range time

TheGriff

Well-Known Fanatic
My wife and I went out to Boggy Head Sunday morning trying to beat the rush. I got there before even a hint of dawn, and I wasn't the first one there. By the time dawn hit, there were 6 of us! I was hoping to try out the shotgun without peppering everyone else's targets. Gee, I guess I will have to go to the range again... Darn... :)

BenMara

Well-Known Fanatic
What i find hard to believe is that people wont share tables. Like the last time i was out there. A party of 3 people were shooting/sighting in rifles, and taking up 2 tables. Group of 3 guys on the end were shooting, were you can only stand, and rifles out there cases, one was having problems with extracting spent brass. Some people just take all the room......

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
BenMara said:
What i find hard to believe is that people wont share tables. Like the last time i was out there. A party of 3 people were shooting/sighting in rifles, and taking up 2 tables. Group of 3 guys on the end were shooting, were you can only stand, and rifles out there cases, one was having problems with extracting spent brass. Some people just take all the room......

If Boggy Head is like Philsons, I don't know how two right handed people can share a table. Not to mention I usually bring 4-5 guns so I take up an entire table. Its really a non-issue because I go at dead times and there are rarely more than 1-2 other people.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Saturday was simply an outstanding day, both weather wise and in terms of company. Nice to meet 44lover & see Dave 29461. (finally made good on a promise to Dave)
I could have been a little more talkative myself but I always get wrapped up in some particular project. This time it was my Osprey piston kit, except for a few of my reloads the upper ran great.

On the subject of sharing.......no one seemed to want to share a table with that sixty once it got fired up!

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker said:
Saturday was simply an outstanding day

On the subject of sharing.......no one seemed to want to share a table with that sixty once it got fired up!

Roger That!! It was impressive concussive therapy that made me back up from my table, which was right beside the Sixty. It made the suppression circuit in earmuffs skip a beat.
It was a great day to be out shooting with good folks.

TheGriff

Well-Known Fanatic
I did see a guy share a table that day. He saw someone waiting and said that since he was left handed, that he would be happy to share the table if the guy was right handed.

Tom

Active Fanatic
Went to Twin Ponds Rifle Range in Awendaw this morning. Gate locked. No sign, no nothing. Another shooter was there, had driven all the way from N. Charleston, so we all went in to shoot. Still no signs posted anywhere. Shot for about an hour and a half, more shooters showed up, all respectful, good quiet morning for shooting. As my buddy and I were driving down Steed Creek, here comes a DNR truck.
Note: trash pen was full, but the range itself had obviously been recently swept; (damn I hate seeing all that brass going to recycling)

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Are the SCDNR ranges back open, now that the feds have a trillion dollars to spend by January? Or is this sign now a permanent fixture?
image_zps67a8f0cf.jpg

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
I am going to go on sat to boggy head if it is not raining. Anyone else up. I have a few rifles to try and sight in and some steam to shoot off. It has been a while. Going to try and bring the chrono.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
rotarymike said:
No .22 to shoot.
I agree with you here. And .223 going for $500 a case... hard to shoot what you can't replace. I guess I need to take the plunge into reloading.

On the bright side, prices are coming down. On the dark side, it's a matter of time before this Russia thing stops imports. Let's bite the bullet - lemme know if anyone is going to Philsons.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
Paco, Bigfutz, Joe,jfeenin, and i are meeting at philsons tomorrow. why dont you meet us? anyone else close lets get together.

we havent set a time yet. im hoping late morning to mid day getting there.

Paco i want to get your mag back to you.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe, I am having an issue with the oil not staying inside my car right now. I can't make it tomorrow.
Really wish I could :(

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
Went to Indian Creek yesterday it wasn't too busy but we got there around 9. Guess I should have have checked this thread I could have met y'all.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I went to Indian Creek today (Monday) around 9:30. It was quiet until around 10:30 when two older fellows showed up, one with a gigantic 1700s replica muzzle loader. He was so deaf even without ear pro in, whatever his friend said to him was accompanied by a "Whaaaaaaat?" Three primers later, he realizes he didn't put powder in the rifle and packed it up. He was also shooting a rifle with a revolving cylinder and hammer; looked to be a. .45 LC but couldn't verify. Felt bad for getting a kick out of the guy but the "Whaaa??" responses were comical

Other than it being extremely muddy due to the proximity of THE Indian Creek, it was great. Zeroed a new scope on my .223 Bolt gun, shot my AR and .22 bolt gun... Nice and sunny day

Latest posts