Range time

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker,

If I can head out to meet you there for a few I will. If you get a chance to put that box in your truck. Might be hte easiest way to catch up you, work and life seem to be keeping me busy.

SC

Clicker said:
Boggy Head Sunday (2/24/13) noonish.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like a plan guys, I'm looking forward to it. I hope Josh's trigger finger is in tip top shape.

A friend from work bought a new Ruger SR556 so it is play time! Jeff this is the fellow with the RIA 1911 I told you about at the gun show.

SC I'll bring your stuff and try to load a couple of those slab like pieces of lead to run in the bolt gun iffen ya bring one. Perhaps we can talk optics for a moment too.

See you guys soon.............

Tom

Active Fanatic
Twin Ponds

Came by there the other day and big road signs up saying it was closed. A friend of mine
heard it was due to someone setting the woods on fire with a tracer round. Anyone got
any more skinny on this?

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Probably closed due to a controlled burn in the area, the rest of the story probbaly got aded for effect.

This time of year they are trying to burn as much woods as possible to reduce the fuel on the ground in case of an uncontrolled fire. Last couple of weeks back, they were going full speed on getting the large national forest blocks.

SC

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
anybody got plans for today?

i as thinking of going to Philsons to check out the new 60 round surefire mag.

shoot some 22s, i havent seen it in SC but in Fla i got some #1 buckshot to try in the SBS.

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
#1 Buck huh? I have looked off and on for that for a while now. It has the best reviews for a SD load. I ended up stocking up on some 00 Buck since I could never get my hands on any.

Did you go shoot some today? If so how was it? Curious as to the brand...was it the one with the "flight control wad" (Federal I think)?

Anyway, hope you had a good time shooting if you made it out...awesome weather.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
its winchester super x. it was almost $17 for 3 5 packs of 3 in. got 9 of them, there were 3 of us at the store. a little less for the 2 3/4. that store only had 5, there were 2 of us so i got 5 and a 3in 00 buck. i like the federal 3 in 000 buck. i was getting it at the walmart across from the big car dealer on hwy 29.

i got some 2 3/4 that have 16 pellets and some 3 inch with 24 pellets.

i watched the forum till nearly lunchtime, got no responses so i worked around the house.

then i worked around the tree house for next deer season.

i didnt know about the gun show. id like to check it out tomorrow.

Futz, was there a long line? if so ill wait till after lunch, if i go.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe,
I talked to Bob about how busy it was. He said it was slow in the morning, probably because of the huge lines last time everyone trickled in later.

ramsey88

Well-Known Fanatic
Thinking of taking the Missus to Philsons tomorrow (Sunday). I've only been once, she's never been. Tired of all the fees and hassles at the local indoor ranges. Hope its not too busy!

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
all upstate members and anybody else. come one come all. bring the family. bring bullets.

im trying to meet Bigfutz, Paco, 11b and jfeenin at philsons Crossing range tomorrow Sunday Aug. 17. come join us.

lets go bus a cap or a hundred.

time is up in the air.

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
It was my first time to a public range since moving here. It was a great time and I must say a really nice range. Thanks for sharing the fun toys Tigerstipe. :D I got to try out my new 20rd mag for my AR-10 I picked up at the show yesterday and it worked great. I hem and haw about selling that AR-10 but every time I shoot it I decide I love it and i need to keep it. I am also reminded I want to be able to remove the muzzle break. I always get the feeling it drives people away. I does it's job with recoil for sure but I think I need to make it a priority to make it removable now.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
yep, that muzzle break is a blast. :lol:

just get an end table and only half as many people will hear it. :p

does anyone know if you can and how would you go about taking a pinned and welded break from a bbl? cant cut it, i believe its already 16 inches.

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
I think it's the feeling it that annoys people. It is indeed 16". If it is fun rifle though that's hard to deny so I will keep it. I think I want to maybe put a slightly magnified optic on it though. The Bushnell 1x MP that is on it is built like a tank but my eyes like some magnification these days and for a zero magnification optic the opening on that one seems a little small compared to it's overall diameter/size.

Here it is at the range... butterfly tested, butterfly approved LOL:

normal_IMG_1493_small.jpg

Joe

mytoy883

New Fanatic
Hi guys
I am in the middle of moving from Ct. to the great state of SC, We own a house in murrells Inlet and just got my CWP from S.C. a non-resident and boy is it big. I want to know if you can help me, looking for places to shoot inside and out. I found the two on Rt. 17, the one by the commons only has 2 lanes for shooting, was really looking to find outside place for shoot.

Thanks.

Bill

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello All,

Yesterday I made it out to Boggy Head with Dave29461, to try out a Hakim 8mm, not only is it a real honey to shoot but I now have an Egyptian Hakim in my collection. Got to meet clicker while I was out there and a few others, very good people. ( Sorry guys for not being more talk-a-tive, the batteries in my ears were dead and was deaf as a post. If I seemed rude it was not on purpose). From now on extra AAA batts stay in the range bag. As always I had a great time, It's not just the toys, it's the people that make it great.

44lover

Latest posts