Range time

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
Any one consider a thread for ...Going to the range...just a thought to let members know who is going when.

J

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I regularly shoot at Boggy Head I used to shoot at Twin Ponds.
I prefer Boggy Head because the line is closer to the parking lot.
Other than that they are just about twins.
Both tend to be kept up pretty well.
Be sure to bring something to put a hole in the ground with though as the dirt is HARD.

Get there early as they tend to be busy on weekends.

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
boogy is not as busy as well. but the distance to walk is minimal there.

frost said it all on boggy.

J

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm gonna try for Sat AM. as early as possible got a friend who ain't been there yet gotta see if he's up for it. If not, let me know who all might get out there I'll just go by myself. Gotta test out some shotgun handy work.

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
Love to...have a show in cola this weekend and greenville b4 xmas. busy, busy, busy.

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
I put a new tactical butt stock on a mossberg 500a, and want to make sure I put it on tight enough. Also to shoot a few other things as well. I haven't been out for a couple of months, so................

Bow_breaker

Well-Known Fanatic
Question. Does anyone know if philson crossroads will be closed on New-years day, i was going to go. Its a convenient day for me.

Edit: the usda site said it is year round every day so I guess it is.

Bow_breaker

Well-Known Fanatic
Does.anyone know if philsons crossroads has the benches still covered in snow? I'm wanting to go shooting Saturday. Anyone have a number for Nat forestry

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been killing myself installing new hardwood flooring for the last 3 weekends and I deserve a break!
Boggy Head here I come.
I'm finally going to shoot my HB 10/22 & MKII since having the barrels threaded over a month ago. Might have to drag the 10mm MP5 out to make some noise too.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker: Would love to make the trip to Boggy Head with you today...but, death in the family...I will have to be a Pallbearer today. Older Aunt...

Hope you have a good trip...Think about me....

Steve

carsontech

Well-Known Fanatic
carsontech said:
Heading to Philson's Crossing today (Sunday) around 2:00 PM to test out and break in my new 1911.

Make that 3PMish, if I even go. It's up to the wife and what she thinks about the weather. lol.

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Took the kids to the range for an hour this evening. Was a great feeling to be able to shoot with your kids. Shot about 125 rounds through the 15-22 with one malfuntion. I am positive I missed a round in stagering them so that was prob the problem. I am very happy with it. Have about 325 rounds through the barrel with one malfunction so far. The step daughter shot her new P22 with no malfunctions. They had a blast. I'm waiting on a innovative arms stainless apex suppresor. They will really have a blast then.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Henry: It is great that you and your kids get to shoot together. That is what it is all about. Passing it on...

Steve

carsontech

Well-Known Fanatic
Going to be at the Philson Crossroads range again tomorrow (Friday) around 2:00pm. Gotta finish breaking in the 1911 and see how some JHP rounds do. My father is coming, and he has safes upon safes full of firearms and ammo, so there is no telling what he is going to show up to shoot with.

I am going to get the wife to practice with her Sig some more, and I am bringing my almost brand new Ruger Mark II out to shoot. It only has seen about 30 rounds. The extractor was crap from the factory, so I ordered a new aftermarket one and installed it a few days ago. My dad and I used to hunt rabbits and squirrels with Ruger Mark .22 pistols, and they were an excellent tool for the job, so I am excited to shoot one of these guns again.

Latest posts