Range time

carsontech

Well-Known Fanatic
We had a great time! Only had two people, besides us, at the range, but they only stayed for 5 minutes. We went through A LOT of ammo. lol I love it when we get the range to ourselves.

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Going to palmetto about 8:30 tomorrow to shoot two of my precision rifles. Will prob be there about an hour and a half I can have one guest. Any takers??? Just bring what you want to shoot. Handguns included.

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Got up early and went to the range about 7:30. I must say I love having the entire range to myself. Not having to wait for others to go cold is so nice. I stayed about two hours and accomplished what I went for. I bought four different .17hmr brands and wanted to try them out for the smallest groups. Federal 17gr HP did the job with .543 MOA. As usual my 700 never ceases to amaze me and shot .4 MOA with 168 SMK's and 47gr of H380.....Best damn range trip in a year.

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Midnight Raver said:
You must be greatly feared by the Varmint Cong! :twisted:

All of this is in preperation for my spring/summer trip to either nebraska/South Dakota to go prarie dog hunting. I can't wait. I have been steady reloading as they say you shoot about 200-500 rounds a day. I'm taking two guns so one can cool while I'm shooting the other. Should be exciting.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
HHB Guns said:
Midnight Raver said:
You must be greatly feared by the Varmint Cong! :twisted:

All of this is in preperation for my spring/summer trip to either nebraska/South Dakota to go prarie dog hunting. I can't wait. I have been steady reloading as they say you shoot about 200-500 rounds a day. I'm taking two guns so one can cool while I'm shooting the other. Should be exciting.

Man, we need to do a special exclusive on that trip for certain!!! :eek:

tigerfan00

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone gonna be at shooter's choice tonite?

I'm not thrilled because...well...im just not a fan of their range...but gotta get some trigger time in and the gf wants to shoot...plus i have 2 guns i havent shot yet that want to be played with...

Anyways...we'll be there

jord9109

Fanatic
I think I'm going to make a trip to boggy head on Sunday March 6th if anyone would like to join? Hopefully I'll have my AR pieced together by then. Silent Bob has to ship my lower to HHB first...lol It has also been a pain in my ass to get my new pistol with the wrong address on my Drivers License but I got it squared away after an 1.5 hour wait at the DMV!

carsontech

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm going to Philson Crossroads Shooting Range tomorrow, Monday. Get to keep my trigger finger strong. It's going to be muddy as hell there, but I don't care, I just love throwing some rounds down range.

I will probably be getting there around noon or 1pm.

Andrew

carsontech

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm going to Philson Crossroads Shooting Range today, Friday.

I will probably be getting there around 1 or 2 pm

Andrew

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
That sounds like a plan..Got a couple new ones I need to shoot...

I should be there around 8:30 or so...

Steve

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Cool...I will maybe dig the ol' Ruger Marl II out and carry it with me...

I want to take at least 2 Kimbers, a 38, the SKS I just got and the ol' AR....plus, you never know what I come up with between now and then...

See you Sunday Morning...

Steve

carsontech

Well-Known Fanatic
carsontech said:
I'm going to Philson Crossroads Shooting Range today, Friday.

I will probably be getting there around 1 or 2 pm

Andrew

Well, I ended up going to the Pickens County DNR range. It's a nice range, but it sucks compared to the Philson Crossroads range. I usually get the Philson range all to myself, I don't like shooting around a lot of people, I am just not one who likes to be in crowds.

I can setup my own kind of targets at the Philson range (small cup on a stick, can on a stick, pick out small stuff to shoot at way down range to see if I can hit it. That stuff is fun as hell. My favorite thing to do is throw a small, empty, handgun ammunition boxes out and see how far I can propel them down range with a few shots. You cant do this stuff at the "monitored" Pickens range.

I guess I am just spoiled, as when we lived in Arizona, we could just walk out our door, or get on the drit bikes, and within minutes we are in the desert to start shooting random crap.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
fordnut said:
That sounds like a plan..Got a couple new ones I need to shoot...

I should be there around 8:30 or so...

Steve
Just a suggestion but maybe you should drive slow or get out of bed later. Perhaps someone (cough, cough) might be able to make it out there to play wif yuns.

Latest posts