Range report

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Took my new Vigil 9mm CCO out yesterday, ran about 400 rds. through it. First time I've tried a 1911/9, wow. Sooo easy to shoot, and dead on out of the box. My other two DW's are both .45, so this was something new. Only had two hick-ups, a stovepipe at about 100 or so, then again at about 350ish. The first was a 115 fmj, Winchester whitebox. The second was a 124 jhp from Federal Premium. I figure both due to dirty gun. I really like this thing. I've heard so many horror stories about 9mm 1911, I wasn't sure what to expect. I'll run another 3 or 400 rds through it later this week, that should get it well past any break-in quirks.
I might also add, out of the box, from DW, this thing was dripping oil, not used to seeing that either.

LoneOak

Fanatic
I have a DW Guardian in 9mm and it is a blast to shoot. I have no idea how many rounds threw it is a 2010 year model. I can't ever remember having a failure of anykind and it is dead on accurate.

You made a good choice when you got the Vigil!

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a DW Guardian in 9mm and it is a blast to shoot. I have no idea how many rounds threw it is a 2010 year model. I can't ever remember having a failure of anykind and it is dead on accurate.

You made a good choice when you got the Vigil!

It's my third DW, I was hooked on the Vigil .45, but the 9 being just a touch lighter is a hoot.

kmoist

Fanatic
I bought a guardian and it would not eject any shell. None. The extractor was too tight and wouldn't release the shell. Obviously never test fired at the factory. Sent back, they fixed it in less than 2 weeks. Now works properly

Monadh

Well-Known Fanatic
Great they made it right, but adjusting the extractor is something everyone should learn.
There are a number of things that everyone should learn how to fix for themselves, but what is the best way to get that knowledge? I've watched how-to videos on Youtube, but you end up going through 15 minutes of drivel before you get to the 10 minute process.

Latest posts