Quads Dropped

UCO Shooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry Burk had to copy! I am really excited in getting started in 3 Gun! Now my big question is what is a respectable time/# of rounds to load in?

Attachments

• quad 1.jpg
    quad 1.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 0
  • quad 2.jpg
    quad 2.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 0

Spiff

Semi-Pro
8 in 4.5 seconds CONSISTENTLY at home and you're in the range where there's diminishing returns on how fast you can load, because of other factors in the stages (movement, etc.)

Reloads here are around 5.5 seconds shot to shot, with movement, except for the last one that ended up around 6.5 seconds. The next shooter out of all divisions (including open) was 9 seconds behind me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezP9IBvUen8&list=UUg2-RNgYZlLic0unk9zHdyQ

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
Austin T said:
8 in 4.5 seconds CONSISTENTLY at home and you're in the range where there's diminishing returns on how fast you can load, because of other factors in the stages (movement, etc.)

Reloads here are around 5.5 seconds shot to shot, with movement, except for the last one that ended up around 6.5 seconds. The next shooter out of all divisions (including open) was 9 seconds behind me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezP9IBvUen8&list=UUg2-RNgYZlLic0unk9zHdyQ
smooth man, real nice

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
You can load fast as hell and that's all fine and good. But if you can load semi-fast AND get your hits on the move such as AT does in his video, that's what wins stages :)

Your video should be used as a "how-to" training aid.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
UCO Shooter said:
Sorry Burk had to copy! I am really excited in getting started in 3 Gun! Now my big question is what is a respectable time/# of rounds to load in?
Don't ask me, I am still trying to load 8 in 8 seconds with a load 2 setup! :(

After you start practicing, you will want to experiment with your caddy orientation. They seem to work pretty good when they are all lined up. Some like them all straight up/down. Some like a little cant to them. Depends on your brand of caddy. If you can adjust them individually they can all be in line and still canted slightly

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
JPeel said:
You can load fast as hell and that's all fine and good. But if you can load semi-fast AND get your hits on the move such as AT does in his video, that's what wins stages :)

Your video should be used as a "how-to" training aid.
this is truth, i can load about as fast as anybody in practice but it still takes me too long to get my shots of with shotgun, i still win stages but it pisses me off how long it is taking me to get fast at shooting static targets, i slow down a lot while loading in a match because it sets the tempo for my shooting which seems to get worse if i rush loading... i also find loading goes best when i dont think about it (which only happens if you practice it a lot, kind of like drawing a pistol), its better for me just to think about getting my head back down on the gun

ive started to see some improvement on my speed with shotgun by shooting in sort of a cadence and not try to go balls to the wall with splits... i need a class from an expert 3 gun shotgunner i think...

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I think that these stupid fast quad load and deuce dropping videos are giving guys who are just starting 3 gun a false impression of what they need to be able to do. Practicing shotgun loading is incredibly important, but if you can load 12 rounds in 5 seconds when you show up to your first match, you have probably sacrificed all the other skills in the pursuit of a very advanced skill that won't really be useful until you're out of your first 6 months to year of 3 gun. Loading stupid fast is great, and will never be a hindrance, but if you can't shoot a shotgun on the move or knock over a 30 yard plate rack with a pistol or hit a 300 yard target it's not going to help you in the standings much. All these skills need to be developed at approximately the same pace to be most useful. And to be honest, the monster shotgun stage where loading is the most important skill doesn't happen that often.

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feilFRvswV8&feature=youtu.be

This is after a few days of practicing. I think it is more of figuring out exactly how to hold your hands in order to not fumble the shells. I don't think I'm sacrificing other skills to learn quad loading. I can't shoot everyday due to my lack of an ammo sponsor and schedules with kids. But I can practice loading a few nights a week and dry fire. Maybe it will help in a match.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Jennifer, very good, nice and smooth. You're rolling your wrist as they go in the gun which is one of the things I found helped my consistency a lot. The flip onto the shoulder is good as well.

I don't live fire every day (or dry fire for that matter), and I think both are overkill for us normal people, I just shoot a bunch of matches. :)

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
Austin T said:
Jennifer, very good, nice and smooth. You're rolling your wrist as they go in the gun which is one of the things I found helped my consistency a lot. The flip onto the shoulder is good as well.

I don't live fire every day (or dry fire for that matter), and I think both are overkill for us normal people, I just shoot a bunch of matches. :)
Same here. I don't get to shoot a ton of matches, probably one a month. I try to practice once a week at least live fire. I don't dry fire as much as I probably should, maybe a few times a week at night after the kids go to bed. I do this for fun.

Latest posts