Quad loading 12

Forr H

Fanatic
I just saw that video of that guy calling out Jesse on YouTube with his load 12 video. I mostly practice loads of 8, but thought I'd give 12 a try going fast. I at least tied the guy, my 3.8 try was too close for me to call. http://youtu.be/xbn0IkajNHk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Lol! Nice work!!! What gun is that?

You got a lot closer than the guy on YouTube that had his gun still at his hip when the par timer went off.

Forr H

Fanatic
Mossberg 930 Rhythm, welded lifter, and I opened the loading port a bit myself. It's a great starting shotgun, I'd like to move up to an M2 eventually though.

I have a solid remount on the 4 second one, so I at least got that! But the 3.8.. Ehh.. Possibly? It's still at least another 4 second run.

I just didn't feel right about letting twins have the fastest 12 shot reload video on YouTube.. And how he said "four seconds, and a half" didn't sit right with me either.. But quads are on top again, so everything is good! Haha

jtischauser

Forr H said:
I just saw that video of that guy calling out Jesse on YouTube with his load 12 video. I mostly practice loads of 8, but thought I'd give 12 a try going fast. I at least tied the guy, my 3.8 try was too close for me to call. http://youtu.be/xbn0IkajNHk
Are those the AP Custom Q8 Caddy's?

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
yes they areQ8, i can get close to this with mine, they are definately the fastest... just not the best retention

jtischauser

Dang I have a set on my bench that I have been meaning to play with but haven't had the time. I guess I'll get after it soon.

Forr H

Fanatic
One is a QL8 and the other is a QL4. Buying two QL8s when I was getting set up was a bit too rich for my budget haha. They are great until you have to pop into prone or if you were to hit a buttstock on them or something. I'm trying to figure out how to get my hands on an Invictus carrier system to just test it out. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I took up a summer painting job on the side to try to start saving up for one.. So hopefully in the not so distant future! I shot this last match and this guy burned through a stage with his M2. I lost the stage by .4 of a second even though I completely nailed the reloads. I thought he was super human compared to what I could do, until I talked to him.. He's an awesome shot, but apparently shooting a Benelli is what helped him get to that next level. That was enough convincing for me!

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay I'm just gonna say it. You guys are freaks or aliens. I could do that in about 5 seconds. At the end I'd have 8 on the ground and 4 in the gun. Maybe....If I was lucky.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I have tried. I can do deuces well enough to tell that I can get pretty good at them. But with quads I've got 5 thumbs. Didn't make any progress at all.

TheRealKoop

Well-Known Fanatic
**** man nice run.

My problem is more related to grabbing the shells quickly rather than putting them in the gun. I can do 3.5 consistently while moving (loading 8 ) and I havnt tried to get much past that.

Forr H

Fanatic
Like Austin said, practice and bloody fingers. I've had these for about 4 months now, and it was just taking the time a couple times a week to throw some shells in the gun to get to this point. That and accepting my left thumb is going to hurt a lot of the time.

Forr H

Fanatic
3.5 is usually what I shoot for on the move in match conditions. If I try to go for much more than that, the fumble factor probably goes up by 50%. I've also been getting into the habit of keeping my head up and not looking at the load. Odd enough, my body seems to know exactly what it needs to do and me looking at it just makes me think about it more than I need to.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Don't try to hit a specific time in a match. How fast you load will be determined by how much practice you've done before the match. Instruct your body to put shells in the gun and if you've done the work it'll just happen as fast as it can anyway. My pistol reloads are better on the move than standing still....because my brain is focused on moving, so it's out of the way for my hands to perform the reload. Shotgun goes the same way too, as long as I'm not moving faster than walking...jogging or running makes it a little tougher to hit the port.

TheRealKoop

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah lately Ive just been making sure the shells get into the gun rather than trying to do it lightning fast. I usually have enough time to move anyway.

Forr H

Fanatic
When it comes to loading for different speeds, they seem to come with a certain "rhythm". My 4, 3.5, and 3 second loads all have their own rhythm to them. I try to take on my 3.5 rhythm in matches, because my 3 second rhythm feels on the edge of controllability. It doesn't have so much to do with the actual time of it as it does with what's comfortable, but still competitive.
"How fast you load will be determined by how much practice you've done before the match." This is very true, and I just found out it could be a bad idea to practice a lot before a match. I have a match on Saturday and practiced a bit too much last night, now my thumb hurts a very decent amount when trying to shove shells in at speed. Hopefully it gets better before Saturday, but I very well could've done this same thing a night before the match and it would've had a huge impact on my performance.

Latest posts