Production Optics Link to Poll

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Eric Gambill said:
They could always just give it a probationary test run. Didn't they do that with SS a couple years ago?

If it works and people participate, the division stands. If not then it goes.
I assumed that's what they was doing. I'm curios to see if Springfield and Glock come out with a CORE next year at SHOT show.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Jay Corn shoots 2011's. Open and Limited guns. He goes to the same local club that I do. Great guy.

Yeah I'm in his side in this whole thing

jtischauser

poopgiggle said:
Jay Corn shoots 2011's. Open and Limited guns. He goes to the same local club that I do. Great guy.

Yeah I'm in his side in this whole thing
So I need to go waste time on Enos or Doodie to learn what this cat did to get expelled?

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Jesse Tischauser said:
So I need to go waste time on Enos or Doodie to learn what this cat did to get expelled?
Right now it's just forums shitflinging and rumor speculation, and all you'd get from me is second-hand shitflinging.

dennishoddy

mike cyrwus said:
almost has me convinced. The old guy vision thing is the best argument. I think there are undiscovered shooters that dont even know they cant see the front sight.
Its a much bigger issue than anyone knows.

I'll chip in on this. With my vision/glasses I have a choice. Concentrate on the front sight, or the target. Putting both in focus isn't going to happen. Bifocals suck.

I shoot open in Steel Challenge using optics. Typically much higher up on the leader board than shooting limited in USPSA. Optics are the key.

Yes, I could go to a full open gun, but loading and buying .38 super is cost prohibitive at this stage of the game for the most part.

In my opinion, production optics would bring in/continue to stay in the sport a couple of groups. Older shooters, and shooters that may be suffering from eyesight that is declining, and age has no mercy on some with declining eyesight. We have younger shooters that may have declining/bad eyesight that might like to join.

This discussion reminds me of the one when Crossbows were being considered for regular archery hunting seasons. The purists of the sport said if you can't run a bow GTFO.

It doesn't work that way. As state after state has allowed crossbows for hunting, there has been a resurgence of older hunters as well as younger hunters that were just not strong enough at the time to pull a full strength bow. A lot of the younger bow hunters have matured, gained strength, and left the crossbow to go to conventional bows.

The same would happen in USPSA in my honest opinion.

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not reading all the banter here. If you want to shoot with a dot welcome to open. There are no logical arguments for another division. Yes I know what that statement says, leave it be.

jtischauser

I would like to thank GT aka technetium69 for jinxing my slide ride RMR. I shot the USPSA club match with my open gun that has the slide ride RMR and it was turning on/off intermittently. Not too bad on paper but it's tough to hit steel with no sights. I had to shoot extra shots to get the dot to work only to have it turn back off it really dim a few shots later.

The Antichrome

He hasn't been expelled (yet). There is however, a special board meeting to discuss the issue.
Basically, he's a boat rocker. He's had numerous conflicts with the board...even hiring his own lawyer to investigate them.

Thread drift off.

OUshooter said:
I'm not reading all the banter here. If you want to shoot with a dot welcome to open. There are no logical arguments for another division. Yes I know what that statement says, leave it be.
So youre not going to read the arguments for the division, and there are no logical arguments for the division.
I got that right?
Thanks for your useful input to this topic.

Jesse Tischauser said:
I would like to thank GT aka technetium69 for jinxing my slide ride RMR. I shot the USPSA club match with my open gun that has the slide ride RMR and it was turning on/off intermittently. Not too bad on paper but it's tough to hit steel with no sights. I had to shoot extra shots to get the dot to work only to have it turn back off it really dim a few shots later.
aka- an excuse for why he got his ass handed to him by pinto.

jtischauser

mike cyrwus said:
aka- an excuse for why he got his ass handed to him by pinto.
And by you. Well actually I didn't need sights for you I just needed my one alpha on 4 targets to be considered "neutralized" in USPSA.

Jesse Tischauser said:
And by you. Well actually I didn't need sights for you I just needed my one alpha on 4 targets to be considered "neutralized" in USPSA.
And I shoulda got credit for the two targets I didnt shoot at at all (60penalty points) because I gave them one heck of a "stink eye" as I was unloading and showing clear. lol!