jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Title: Practical Rifle Match

Date: Saturday February 1, 2014
Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm (GMT+00:00)

snapcap

Active Fanatic
Hi Jesse
I found the 2007 rules for the Practical Rifle matches at Oil Cap on the Yahoo page. Are these the most current you think? I want to start making and supporting these matches this year and am looking as much for minimum gear requirements as rules. Thanks.

buzzdraw

Active Fanatic
Snap Cap said:
Hi Jesse
I found the 2007 rules for the Practical Rifle matches at Oil Cap on the Yahoo page. Are these the most current you think? I want to start making and supporting these matches this year and am looking as much for minimum gear requirements as rules. Thanks.
Yes, except that we've added rimfire which has been popular. Yes you can run a legal silencer; be prepared to show your papers at sign in. Currently we're running five stages. Two of those will be rifle and handgun (centerfire please). Expect around 65-75+ rounds rifle required and about 20 pistol. Pistol portions of stages are set so that you don't necessary have to draw from a holster. You will never reholster a hot pistol during the action of a stage.

I've taken match director duties for the event. I was one of the originators of the activity back in 2007.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
greygoat said:
Yes, except that we've added rimfire which has been popular. Yes you can run a legal silencer; be prepared to show your papers at sign in. Currently we're running five stages. Two of those will be rifle and handgun (centerfire please). Expect around 65-75+ rounds rifle required and about 20 pistol. Pistol portions of stages are set so that you don't necessary have to draw from a holster. You will never reholster a hot pistol during the action of a stage.

I've taken match director duties for the event. I was one of the originators of the activity back in 2007.
Thanks for the info!

Latest posts