Post Your Current Beer Of Choice.

1911U004

Well-Known Fanatic
To my palate it was way smoother than what we have here. Went down very very easy.
Smoother and maybe they didn't toast the grains as much?

It's good enough that it spoiled me to the point I rarely drink the American stuff anymore.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
Smoother and maybe they didn't toast the grains as much?

It's good enough that it spoiled me to the point I rarely drink the American stuff anymore.
I agree, less bitter. Do you have a source for European Guinness?

GROOT

Well-Known Fanatic
My frou frou coffee or I mean beer for the next five beers is Samuel Adams....
QExPM.jpg

GROOT

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been drinking beer since around 1971. This is by far the best beer I've ever had.

gaelic.jpg
I will be trying that next thanks for the tip.
That's if I can find it.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
They say, all Guinness is made in Dublin, no difference between the Guinness that is available in US vs Europe.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
Hmmm, it was on tap. Do they have a different dispensing/aerating system over there?

1911U004

Well-Known Fanatic
Maybe it's handled differently? All ways refrigerated? No long transit by sea and then setting in a warehouse for weeks?

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
They say, all Guinness is made in Dublin, no difference between the Guinness that is available in US vs Europe.

I recall seeing Made in Canada on some labels, stopped drinking it, it was not as good.
the lawsuit names parent company Diageo-Guinness USA and Diageo North America as defendants and alleges that the company misleads consumers into believing that Guinness Extra Stout distributed in the United States is produced and imported from Dublin, Ireland. In reality, Guinness Extra Stout is primarily brewed and bottled in Canada, as is noted in fine print on the label. O'Hara argues that because Guinness is marketed as an Irish import, consumers pay a premium for what is actually Canadian beer and deserve compensation.
https://www.eater.com/2015/12/28/10675566/guinness-lawsuit

Seems I am not alone...

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Guess the info I found may be outdated, was 2016....."the key factors are really time and distance. All the Guinness that's sold in the UK, Ireland, and North America is made in Dublin"

Latest posts