Pocket Pistol Recommendation

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
So, now that I've examined the Recluse pocket holster (see thread on pocket holster recommendations for a friend), I've started to think a little bit about obtaining a dedicated pocket pistol... and carrying one more often.

I own a few contenders already: .38 Spcl snubbies by Colt, S&W and Charter Arms; a .380 Sig P230 w alloy frame; a couple of .32 acp Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless. All are in top condition, reliable and relatively accurate.

While I have on occasion, stuck one in a hip pocket or coat pocket, I usually carry in a belt holster.

So, with that background...

Please educate me. What pocket pistols do y'all carry (actually as pocket pistols) and why that make/model over others?

Thanks.

ccssid

New Fanatic
I too have a colt 38 special (older cobra version) and also a sig p230. Nowadays I find the springfield 911 ( or i suppose the sig p238 for that matter)works out even better. Accurate, easy to shoot and real easy/comfortable to carry .

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

bigbob76

Fanatic
Smith & Wesson; 340PD .357, Shield 9mm, Shield .45acp,
Ruger; SP 101 .357 snubbie, LCP .380

All of these can be carried comfortably in the right pocket holster and the right pants with big front pockets.

DE1911

Fanatic
Ruger LC9S Pro 9mm, Springfield XDS .45 in a Uncle Mike's size 4 pocket holster. Mostly in jeans with shirt untucked. Looks the size of a small wallet, but easy access. Both are less than 1" thick.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
North American Arms 22 mag ALWAYS in the front right pants pocket. Charter Arms Bulldog or Sig P 365 for jacket pocket, Sig P 365 on the belt if not carrying a 1911.

Also, the Sig P 365 disappears in a shoulder holster.

HB Rider

Active Fanatic
I have carried a variety of pocket pistols over the years. Every day I put on a uniform over a 38-year law enforcement career a S&W Model 38 was in my pocket (I had the tailor sew a second pocket inside my right front trouser pocket specifically for that gun). Now that I'm retired, I occasionally still carry in a pocket holster, either as a primary, or a back-up. We just finished a road trip to visit family - 3 days each way - and a Sig P238 was in a holster in the cargo pocket on my right leg every day (easy to access while behind the wheel).

Rider's Range has done several videos on pocket pistols and later today we'll be publishing a look at the old Sig P230 side-by-side with the P238.

Latest posts