Other Hobbies - What do you all do besides shoot?

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a shot glass from just about every place or location we've ever been to. It they had one with a logo we bought it. Someday when I have a wet bar in the game room I hope I have, the wall will hold all of them. At least a hundred, maybe two. A few beer steins and pilsner glasses from Germany too. Booze can definitely be a hobby. :mrgreen: I just can't hold it like I used to.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
jfeenin said:
@Tigerstripe do you know anything about the engines?

Yes drinking can count LOL

i remember some names but i dont know what i have, fox, mccoy. ill did them up.

jmt2566

Well-Known Fanatic
Really surprised than nobody else has mentioned this one but I am into fishing & boating.

My son & I have also done a good amount of dirt bike riding, paintball and we are very active with his Boy Scout troop.

-Jeff

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
Boy Scouts used to be pretty cool, I hope they haven't PCed the crap out of camping and other activities these days though.

I also used to be active in archery and fencing, the old school ways still have a purpose!

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to race motorcycles, off-road (Jeep, dirt bikes), shoot archery, swim, surf, desert camp....

Now I'm a "house Dad" trying to raise my 3 foot tall 35 pound hurricane (my 2 year old son). Enough said :D

PANZER22

Well-Known Fanatic
For 58 years I was into fresh water and marine aquariums......From 1968 to 1976 I was a partner in a successful tropical fish business....In January of 2012 I became seriously ill and spent 3 months in a hospital...It took 3 more months to get back on my feet....I could not keep up with all my tanks so I sold all of them....I still deeply regret having to do it, but it was for the best in the end......I have many pictures on Photobucket if anyone wants to view them....(PM me and I will open the pics for viewing).

Now, I shoot when ever I can and do a little fishing.......Last year was my last turkey season......Due to my health I can no longer hunt deer and duck, dammit!

I am down to about 2k of 22lr so I have to ration the shooting of my weapons of mass destruction......

Dan

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
panzer, i have a 55 gal tank you need to buy. one tank you can keep up.

also i have always hated going deep into the woods to hunt. now i have 2 ladder stands and a "tree house" to hunt from. all on my property and within 50, 75 yards. when i shoot deer i go get the 4 wheeler. lucky to have the land with deer on it.

i go other places but deer cross roads, they arent only deep in the woods.

PANZER22

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe, I sold 3 150 gal marine complete set ups with critters and L/R, One 75 and 3 55 freshwater complete set ups, and gave away 1 75, 3 55, and an assortment of other sizes.......I gave away numerous filters, lights, and stands......I am out of it with regrets, but no desire to start again.

It sounds like you have a very nice convenient hunting set up....I am still a member at my son's club which is set up very nice with a nice club house.....Lugging oxygen bottles and the noise they make precludes hunting.

My thing now is my 22 cal military look a likes and a few pistols.............I took a notion to see if I could fit a standard M 16/M 4 A 2 stock on to my Walther Colt which has the standard type collapsible stock......I just put the carry handle back on it with a tactical 3-9x42 scope mounted with short rings to get the center line closer to the bore.......This hopefully will give me a better 25 yard zero, 1 1/4" rise at fifty yards, and a 2 3/4" drop at 100 yards....Note that I said hopefully....The ballistics calculator I use is good on the computer screen, but iffy in the real world.

Anyone with thoughts on how to mount a standard A 2 M16/M4 stock on my Umarex (Walther) Colt M 4 22 cal please give me your opinions.

Dan

Shrapnel762

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to like to travel, camp, drink, motorcycles before I went back to school. Now I don't have hobbies- just study. Got a bike torn down just waiting for a caf? style build after graduation

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
PANZER22 said:
Anyone with thoughts on how to mount a standard A 2 M16/M4 stock on my Umarex (Walther) Colt M 4 22 cal please give me your opinions.

From what I've read the buffer tube assy is totally different. However, they (Umarex) do make an M16 version, so you should be able to call them and order the parts for an A1 or A2 stock (can't remember what version of M16).

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
Shrapnel762 said:
I used to like to travel, camp, drink, motorcycles before I went back to school. Now I don't have hobbies- just study. Got a bike torn down just waiting for a caf? style build after graduation

I love all of these new caf? builds people are doing. I had a nice little Ninja 250 I was playing with but it got more expensive to fix than I could keep up with so I had to sell it. Sucks with this great weather. Now I just have my Jeep to play with.

PANZER22

Well-Known Fanatic
Rotarymike, I talked to a tech rep the other day and he said the mil A 2 stock would not fit.......I just sent them an email asking if their version of the Walther Colt M 16 stock would fit.....I think I might have worded my first question to the rep in the wrong way....Hopefully I will get a positive response.

Dan

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
Shrapnel762 said:
kg4kpg said:
Now I just have my Jeep to play with.

i'd love to have a jeep and do it up POF-USA style . that J8 is pretty slick too.

Okay, got me listening, what would you need to do to make it POF-USA style? Is POF Patroit Ordnance Factory?

Here's mine. I've had several in the last 15 years or so and after Christmas I couldn't take it anymore and traded my little truck in on it. It's not new but new ones were way over my budget. No mods yet, thanks to sequestor and having to save for the upcoming couple months of reduced pay. $700 per month cut but we'll hopefully manage. I'm only putting in the ham radio I have plus my son-in-law bought me a nice set of new rims I'll put on. Lift and larger tires later. I do off-road so it will be a slow build as I can afford to, to get it like I want.

4add9177c89f8bb2cafb2d6dc5b3ed8f_zpsb83a70f3.jpg

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an OL' Harley Davidson Softail Deuce...It is like me...getting kind of old...But, she still is a looker, and dependable as H3LL...

Seems like now, all I do is trade guns...buy guns...and sell guns...seems to take up all my time...

I think I am addicted...What you got to trade??? See what I mean...It truly is a sickness...

Steve