Optics help

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
You want these optics for 3 Gun?

There's a saying in a lot of hobbies that goes "Buy once, cry once". I would recommend saving for an optic of decent quality. I promise if you spend 80 bucks on one of these, you will be left wanting and will eventually replace it. I would save for a little while longer and get something that will last. NC Star is not exactly "built for life" brand.

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
...and I would avoid purchasing anything from Cheaper Than Dirt. You will be able to find the same products elsewhere and avoid a large shipping charge.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
i cant put a $400 optic on all my uppers. at walmart, yes there, i got a 40mm red/green dot optic and have it on 3 uppers. it was about $40 after tax. the only problem is you have to remember to turn it off and keep some extra batterys on hand.

1002868l.jpg

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, not many people can afford to put $400 optics on half a dozen rifles, but if that rifle is going to be used in competition or hunting or primarily over the others, it should get preferential pricing on an optic.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, for 3-Gun, you'll have targets to engage anywhere from 30 to 300 meters, so you want an adjustable optic. Burris TAC30 ($299) and MTACs ($399) are common. A microdot can be added to them easily, as well as a clamp-on scope lever to make magnification changes more quickly.

The Weaver Classic V 1-3x scope is about $160 on Midway that's slightly more affordable.

Think about it. If this is for 3-Gun, it's going to be getting dropped onto tables or into stage barrels, smacked into barricades or whatever...a cheap optic is NOT going to hold up.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
i must not know what 3 gun is. i shot IPSC and we took good care not to do anything like drop on a table or in a barrel.
sometimes we had to pic one up from a table or switch to a shotgun but dropping would get us a DQ.

11B you know what my optics are for. just that range shooting we do. i guess if the SHTF ill take a scope off a hunting rifle for a battle rifle. i hunt with a bolt gun and shotgun. Turkey season is coming. they sent my tags already.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Three gun is a competition where pistol, rifle, and shotgun are all used. Watch Youtube videos. They toss the rifles down in order to move on. After a few matches of that kind of treatment, your gear will show it's quality quick.

Latest posts