Oklahoma Section coordinator history

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike cyrwus said:
+1 on the old retired shooter thing. All you okcgc shooters; you owe a huge thanks to John Bent and Matt, and greg each and every time you see them. They are the lifeblood for that match.

daylight savings time destroys the potential of setting up the match in the non saving months.

We have a lot of selfish shooters. I dont mean that in a bad way either. Selfish shooters are usually really just shooters that are focused on shooting and getting better.
I think Im still more selfish than not
I'll admit I'm selfish too. I've been chasing the dream. I promise I'll help out more when I start sucking again.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
We have a pretty big action shooting community here in a relatively small population size in Oklahoma.
Hell yes you do. If the 3GN website stays current, there is only one affiliated club in all Missouri, and I personally have never heard of anything major coming from them.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Rob said:
I have sent out the latest copy (the same that was sent to USPSA) to the people that I have on my Okla. Section email list. Sorry for the delay but Ive got a lot going on right now.

Rob
Thanks Rob!

dennishoddy

dr poopgiggle said:
We talked about this after Old Fort. It's pretty obvious that the Arkansas section has more people willing to help out. One thing I noticed is that they had far more retired guys at the match. I'm being totally serious: Old Retired Shooters are the backbone of every gun club and shooting organization I've been a part of.
I hate to bring this analogy in to this, but your exactly right. There is a saying about hunting. (which is my true passion)When you start, its a blood lust. You want to kill.
Midway through your hunting career, you want to only hunt the biggest, etc.
At the twilight of your hunting career, your more concerned with being in the stand and watching nature, occasionally getting something good to eat.
Jesse Tischauser said:
I heard Dennis Hoddy retired this year. I'll nominate him for something.
My club already has. I'm the new president.

dennishoddy

Luis Renova said:
USPSA.org lists these...

ATA
H&H
ITPS
OKCGC
Ponca
SCRAP
USSA
Tri-city
Red Castle
H&H
Wilshire
There is one in Stillwater at Lake Mcmurtry, I don't know the name. I'll think of some more and post them.

dennishoddy said:
Tri-city
Red Castle
H&H
Wilshire
There is one in Stillwater at Lake Mcmurtry, I don't know the name. I'll think of some more and post them.
we're talking USPSA affiliated ones, not just pistol matches, Dennis.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
dennishoddy said:
There is Stillwater Rifle and Pistol club. It's one giant berm and a trap range. No chance the facility could handle a USPSA match, and it's mostly hunters that come out to sight in there deer rifles once a year. As far as I know, me, my dad, and Myrus are the only USPSA shooters in Stillwater.

Robbie said:
There is Stillwater Rifle and Pistol club. It's one giant berm and a trap range. No chance the facility could handle a USPSA match, and it's mostly hunters that come out to sight in there deer rifles once a year. As far as I know, me, my dad, and Myrus are the only USPSA shooters in Stillwater.
My buddy Ken used to run a pistol match there years ago, he quit after he was getting like 2 shooters.

Latest posts