Oklahoma Law Enforcement and Assault Weapon's ban

dennishoddy

I live in Nevada now ... the locals tell me Reid is hated by every place in the State except Vegas/Henderson. The only reason they send him back is he looks out for the gaming lobby and keeps the military and BLM funded out here... A sparse state like this depends on Federal dollars. In Nevada, Harry is the "hold your nose and pull the lever" candidate every election.
Yup, and he continually funds the local gun ranges. He is Pro Gun, yet the worst thing that can happen to this country.

dennishoddy

If (which i don't think it will happen) there was a law passed that i had to give up my AR (which i love), i would give it up voluntarily. As much as i love my guns, i love my wife more! If I was to ever have gun charges on my record, my career would be done, period. Every job i apply for they do an extensive background check and if i had gun charges, i wouldn't even get an interview... So the only right thing to do would be to put my wants 2nd...

Sometimes you have to take a stand.
A quote from Chairman Mao: "Political Power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

Chairman Mao wiped out 35 million of his own people during his reign in power.

I ask you to watch this video, and let me know your feelings afterward.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vAU9AJfttls?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Everyone likes to assume "that" can't happen here but we are one big fiscal cliff away from our economy taking a sharp turn in the wrong direction.

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
I was in the basement of the Oklahoma county jail today to get my finger prints done for a new suppressor and I ran into Governor Fallin. She was doing her paper work to get her SDA permit. Which seemed odd as I was pretty sure she had one. The other thing I didn't get was why as the person that passed the open carry bill she hasn't said much on the assault weapons ban. Maybe it just assumed. Also not on an irrelevant note. The evidence locker must be right next to the finger print room because that place stinks to high heaven of marijuana lol

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
okshooter26 said:
I was in the basement of the Oklahoma county jail today to get my finger prints done for a new suppressor and I ran into Governor Fallin. She was doing her paper work to get her SDA permit. Which seemed odd as I was pretty sure she had one. The other thing I didn't get was why as the person that passed the open carry bill she hasn't said much on the assault weapons ban. Maybe it just assumed. Also not on an irrelevant note. The evidence locker must be right next to the finger print room because that place stinks to high heaven of marijuana lol

Hopefully she is going to be carrying some with more than a 10 round clip. Lol

ChrisC

Revolver Division
A person has two options. They can either give in or fight like hell. The government can only take so much from us before it sparks the same type of resistance our founding fathers gave the crown. The phrase give me liberty or give me death comes to mind.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
okshooter26 said:
Did she say hi.

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
She smiled :) Also I'm pretty sure she can carry at work. Any crime she may commit by doing so she could just pardon herself.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
Could any of you imagine what that occupy wall street thing would have been like if the second amendment was not on the books?

If Washington wants it gone, it will go sooner or later. I think most people will just go along with it, and the ones that don't will get a new label. Since the AWB resurgence I have found myself trying, in vain, to explain to people around me this is more than just about the "GUNS". I keep thinking about the phrase, "If you give an inch, they'll take a mile." First, the second amendment is gone, then the first amendment and so on. Sad thing is, I don't think there will be enough people to stand up like our framers did so long ago. Not that I am suggesting it.

Maybe people feel too safe in their homes, the feeling that we are protected from other countries is too strong, or too much trust has been put in the powers that be? Who knows the cause?

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I think our ship has sailed and it is only a matter of time.

I do know one thing for sure. This country is devided in too many ways. Left, right, whatever... We need to find some middle ground or God help us all.

Just my two cents, and maybe not worth a penny, but there it is.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Could any of you imagine what that occupy wall street thing would have been like if the second amendment was not on the books?

If Washington wants it gone, it will go sooner or later. I think most people will just go along with it, and the ones that don't will get a new label. Since the AWB resurgence I have found myself trying, in vain, to explain to people around me this is more than just about the "GUNS". I keep thinking about the phrase, "If you give an inch, they'll take a mile." First, the second amendment is gone, then the first amendment and so on. Sad thing is, I don't think there will be enough people to stand up like our framers did so long ago. Not that I am suggesting it.

Maybe people feel too safe in this country, the feeling that we are protected in this country is too strong, or too much trust has been put in the powers that be. Who knows the cause?

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I think our ship has sailed and it is only a matter of time.

I do know one thing for sure. This country is devided in too many ways. Left, right, whatever... We need to find some middle ground or God help us all.

Just my two cents, and maybe not worth a penny, but there it is.
I feel what you're saying and there are a lot of people who feel the same way. The key for us who are engaged in this right now is to stay engaged, keep up the dialogue, and continue to push back.

There are three things that separate us from the other animals: Logic, Reason, and an opposable thumb. If you take away logic and reason, you're just a bald-assed ape. We have to articulate our arguments firmly but coherently and intelligently. The old adage of "Control the language, control the debate" still holds true, but so does the inverse square law (and for more than just physics). The more minds we change and send forward to change other minds, the better off we'll all be.

If you're not engaged, get that way and stay that way. Don't kick this can down the road for your kids to have to pick up because by the time it's their turn, it may be too late. Thanks, Mom and Dad.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people...they are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

PS - Only 1% is 3,127,810...give or take.

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
I strongly think that most not all Americans are spoiled and lazy not to mention uncaring about anyone else and only really get interested in fighting something if it comes and kicks in their front door. Hence the saying" they better not try to take my guns!" Its rarely" they better not try to take our guns!" Its this divide and conquer thing people keep intentionally or unintentionally perpetuating. As long as they can fight each gun owner one by one they will win. in such a way as putting a finger in someone's chest has little power to stop them. However when all the fingers join together they form a fist and all the fists of a large group is far more will stop a single person or at least dissuade them from attacking. This is not suggesting a call to violence its merely a metaphor. We need to join together with any and all gun owners with a if you mess with one of us you mess with all of us idea so as to dissuade those that would infringe on our rights and to make realize its just not worth the trouble. What I've been trying to do lately to do this is get as many non gun owners to buy guns that will be on the bill so that more people have skin in the fight. Because Americans never seem to care about other American's problems unless it is their problem as well. To prove my point look at the ban on the purchase of post 86 Title II machine guns. There weren't enough machine gun owners to make a big enough stink about it and those that didn't have a machine gun simply didn't care about those that did. So they banned the possession of new machine guns and simultaneously turned machine gun owners against many other gun owners. Anyone that would want to buy a machine gun now has to pay such a high price because of limited supply for one and the machine gun owners don't want to remove the bill as it would destroy the value of their firearms. This just continues the divide and conquer that they want.

assaulter

Fanatic
They won't have to come to take your guns. They'll be taken when you run that red light, or when your disgruntled girlfriend calls you in for having "illegal machine guns". They'll make an example out of a FEW people so harsh that MOST people will either hide them in the attic and let them collect dust, or turn them in on their own. In one generation owning an "assault weapon" will be like lighting up a cigarette in line at Walmart after you just spanked your kid on his bare ass. No longer accepted by a polite society. That's the most efficient way to take them.

Latest posts