Oklahoma Law Enforcement and Assault Weapon's ban

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
Would Oklahoma Law enforcement agencies aid in taking away Assault weapons from the general public if they are banned? Would
Police, Troopers and Deputies just look the other way and not inforce it? Could The Governor keep the police from enforcing assault weapons bans or confiscation if the federal government passed a law or do I just have to get use to the idea that the police might just come to my home and seize my private property one of these days.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a question I have been wondering about as well, but I was trying to hold off until we actually find out what's going to happen.

This is what I'm thinking, just as obama said he's not worried about those in Colorado and Washington breaking federal law by legalizing weed, I'm thinking he's going to think he's got bigger fish to fry even bigger than gun control, like the economy, or foreign relations and so on.... :laugh:

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
Would Oklahoma Law enforcement agencies aid in taking away Assault weapons from the general public if they are banned? Would
Police, Troopers and Deputies just look the other way and not inforce it? Could The Governor keep the police from enforcing assault weapons bans or confiscation if the federal government passed a law or do I just have to get use to the idea that the police might just come to my home and seize my private property one of these days.

very few people in the general public have assault weapons . a ar 15 is not one .

45recoil

likes to party
I have tons of assault weapons it turns out.

I just hope Troy doesn't put me in a Eff'n choke hold..aka The Oklahoma RedNeckâ"¢

Attachments

• IMG_20121219_192947.jpg
    IMG_20121219_192947.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 80

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
They WILL come to your home and take away your property, and then they will take away your personal freedom by placing you in jail and there isn't a thing that Troy or anyone else can do about it IF they decide that is what "they" want to do about it. They will make you out to be worse than public enemy #1, and prosecute you to the full extent of "Federal law" so you got to decide is it worth it or isn't it.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Just hypothetically...if the did outlaw ARs, technically the lower is the only part that is a gun and registered. I'm curious if they would let you strip everything off and turn in the lower only. I hope and doubt it would come to that but just curious.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Just hypothetically...if the did outlaw ARs, technically the lower is the only part that is a gun and registered. I'm curious if they would let you strip everything off and turn in the lower only. I hope and doubt it would come to that but just curious.
What if that's all that they found when they arrived? But also and more importantly what is the new definition in the new law going to be? Nothing says they will follow current guidelines.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic

If I'm right and I believe I am, if you don't have a license to own a full auto and you even get caught with parts for one your looking for trouble. I'm curious though, what would you do with parts for a gun you could never use?

They WILL come to your home and take away your property, and then they will take away your personal freedom by placing you in jail and there isn't a thing that Troy or anyone else can do about it IF they decide that is what "they" want to do about it. They will make you out to be worse than public enemy #1, and prosecute you to the full extent of "Federal law" so you got to decide is it worth it or isn't it.

I just talked to my dad and he said the same thing and always has and I always agreed, but I'm thinking "they" may have to make "examples" of a few more people than I originally was thinking. I'm thinking "they" could have picked a better time for this (if it goes through) and not when the country is in turmoil with an economy which is capable of taking a dump at any time and large part of our country on edge from a president they don't trust. It's sad though that the people would let a ban like this happen without standing up, because we can all count on more of the same when "they" get to tell the American people they need to ban all those evil black assault pistols which are cable of having a magazine inserted and has a grip protruding below the stock because there has been another shooting with said type of weapon. Sad day for America and those who have defended it.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Here is my thought on this. Even should AR's be banned there is no way any Law Enforcement can come into your home to sieze them without suspending the 4th Amendment. Should that happen the debate over the 2nd Amendment would cease.

Chambers

actual GM
Firstly, there's nothing registered now, which makes the hypothetical enforcement completely impossible. Secondly, there's not enough manpower in North America to disarm half of Texas. And that's the true meaning of the second amendment.

You can count on a lot of support behind closing the "gun show loophole," restricting magazine capacities and flash hiders, but Mr. Obama and the lot of them will have their work cut out for them. The NRA is the most powerful special interest group.

I love the shooting community, but it's the most terribly paranoid group of people. Everyone needs to calm down.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
What use are the parts without the lower receiver? I guess you could mount what is left on the wall as art?
If I'm right and I believe I am, if you don't have a license to own a full auto and you even get caught with parts for one your looking for trouble. I'm curious though, what would you do with parts for a gun you could never use?

There is no way of knowing at this point in time. Let's just wait and see what legislation they come up with. That's provided that we actually get to see it. I'm thinking that this is going to go down much like the Obamacare bill did. Drafted in secret, behind closed doors and then rushed to the floor for a vote before the sheep can figure out what's in it.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
Personally, I am just waiting to hear what the NRA is going to say on Friday. I think a ban and a seizure is just not going to happen. I agree it would take too much time and money.

I guess a "Cash for Guns" program could be a possibility, but again I hope and doubt it would come to that.

Latest posts