OKCGC 3-Gun match - Saturday 3/22/14

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Joel Clouse said:
Burk - I'm finally crawling out from under my rock and coming to this glorious event, along with my 2 guns...can you cover me???
I will hook you up with a shotgun. Bring some shotshells. Don't know if we need slugs or buckshot yet. Mike will let us know maybe

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
If this is your first match and you don't have all the guns, don't let that stop you from coming out.
Bring some factory 9mm, 12g Walmart bulk 7.5 shot, and .223 and someone will let you borrow their equipment.
Again, make sure you bring factory ammo. I can't speak for everyone else, but I only trust MY reloads

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
CBR said:
xdm9 got back from powder river. we're all good now
Did get rid of your 2011? If Cyrwus/Kurt design a stage that's going to require a pistol reload, hi cap 9mm mags aren't going to help you. They will make it enough pistol rounds that you won't make it through with only one mag of either caliber.

If you are using your XDm so you don't have to worry about grounding safe pistol, I understand. I started 3 gun using my 9mm XDm. After drawing XDm (with canyon creek trigger job) and having WTF moment with non 1911/2011 trigger. I decided I was sticking to same pistol type for USPSA and 3gun. I just make light load 40's for 3gun since there is no power factor.

Just the opinion of a fat guy that shoots both USPSA and 3 gun. FWIW.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Who is coming out for setup on Friday? Remember these matches to set themselves up.

Can't wait to see what, Kurt, Mike and Will have planned for us. Last month's match was classic OKCGC 3-gun

7day.jpg

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Who is coming out for setup on Friday? Remember these matches to set themselves up.

Can't wait to see what, Kurt, Mike and Will have planned for us. Last month's match was classic OKCGC 3-gun
I am planning to be there for setup on Friday.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:

7day.jpg
I see a high fire danger, but it's going to take a lot more than that to keep me away, I plan on being there for set up.

Chris_Andersen

Certified
Guys my friend John Bodine is coming out Saturday to shoot his first 3-Gun match. He should be signing up to Boomer Shooter shortly. I can't make the match. Can you guys help him out? And keep him away from Burk? :)

John Bodine

New Fanatic
Don't know if I will be able to shoot but going to come out and watch what I can of the match. The whole work thing puts a dampener on having fun sometimes. What time are you setting up on Friday? Would like to come out and help if you could use a newbie.

Tomdoughman

Active Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:

I'll come help setup but working Sat.

Latest posts