OKCGC 3-Gun match - Saturday 3/22/14

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Sign in starts at 9:00am. Shooting to start at around 9:30-10:00am.

Cost is $15 for OKC Gun Club Members
Cost is $20 for non members

Set-up will start around 2:00 p.m. on the Friday before.

As always, if there is any doubt about weather issues that could impact the match, check the OKC Gun Club IPSC website â€" http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org

CHAMBER FLAGS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL LONG GUNS

From the Match Director:

For 3-gun matches, plan on 75 pistol, 75 rifle, and 50 shotshell, each and every time! Always bring 5 -10 slugs. If we need any special shotgun ammo like buckshot, that will be announced, but if you always plan on that you will be fine. We don’t usually post the stages or the round counts â€" just show up and shoot. (Note: these are the minimum ammo requirements and I personally bring 100 pistol, 100 rifle.)

New rules of the Oklahoma City Gun Club 3-Gun matches are posted on the club website:

http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/newshooter/3gun.html

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Unfortunately I have a business trip to Commifornia and I don't get back until Saturday afternoon. I'm going to Stanford and Google. I will tell all of the liberals hello from our forum.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
I will be there. This will be my first 3 gun match so be patient with me haha. I looked over the rules and I get the impression there is no power factor for pistol? Also I'm running a ar with a 1x4 so that will put me in tac ops correct? And my shotgun is a 24" is that ok? Sorry for all the stupid questions!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
No power factor.
yes, tac ops.
24" shotty is dandy.

Don't try to race as fast as some of the other guys. You're not going to win your first match. I guarantee that.
Just have fun and be safe. Be sure to attend the new shooter orientation before the match starts.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
No power factor.
yes, tac ops.
24" shotty is dandy.
Don't try to race as fast as some of the other guys. You're not going to win your first match. I guarantee that.
Just have fun and be safe. Be sure to attend the new shooter orientation before the match starts.
Thanks. I will definitely make orientation

ShaneP

Looks good to me
Burk Cornelius said:
Mines different
Burks orientation would be something like this..."alright guys and gals, gather around. Welcome to the match and new shooter orientation. For your reference, that way is North (as Burk points in some random direction)."

Joel Clouse

El Conquistador
Burk - I'm finally crawling out from under my rock and coming to this glorious event, along with my 2 guns...can you cover me???

Or maybe Mr. Cyrwus would hook a brotha up with a fine piece of iron for the day. Afterall, I only made him stand in the slush puddle at McD's for 30 minutes, picking his brain!!

Also...are there extra chamber flags available?? Where might I pick some up otherwise??

Glockman85

Well-Known Fanatic
Joel Clouse said:
Burk - I'm finally crawling out from under my rock and coming to this glorious event, along with my 2 guns...can you cover me???

Or maybe Mr. Cyrwus would hook a brotha up with a fine piece of iron for the day. Afterall, I only made him stand in the slush puddle at McD's for 30 minutes, picking his brain!!

Also...are there extra chamber flags available?? Where might I pick some up otherwise??
Ill be there for my first match too! I order the tapco multi pack chamber flags and I think there are 6 of each rifle,pistol,shotgun. Your more than welcome to have a set if I can find you out in the parking lot or something!

Latest posts