Nylon "Instructor" belts

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been wearing that same belt (but in black) for about a year now with no regrets. I chose it for EDC and to wear to IDPA event since they are anti-2 piece belt.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been wearing and Ares Gear Ranger belt for 3 years now. It's holding up great for EDC, normally wear it 4 or 5 times a week. It has also worked very well in multiple pistol / self defense classes. They are pricey at about $100 but well worth it.

Josh Smash

Well-Known Fanatic
There is a small local business in OKC called Bubba T's Leather-(405)-503-3601. He makes hand tooled, two layer belts for $85. He can make them in different widths, colors and patterns. He can also make matching holster, mag holder, knife sheath, etc.

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm rough on belts. The loopers have held up ok for me but I'm not wearing a gun on them constantly. The wilderness belt was ok but there are different levels on them, the 3 stitch lost stiffness and becomes saggy, the 5 stitch is better but the polymer lined is better. I've been wearing the Ares ranger Belt and like it. I'll eventually grab a cross read area crossover belt.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I have Looper belts in black and brown. The brown belt has held up fine, but the finish on the black one got worn really quick and now looks really janky. I got a Beltman belt and it's been awesome.

I can't bring myself to wear a nylon belt around in my day-to-day life because I'm too fancy.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
After about a week with the 5.11 I am not sure how much I like it for AIWB. Where the holster lands the belt is not double thickness so it bends quite a bit laterally at that pressure point

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Where the holster lands the belt is not double thickness so it bends quite a bit laterally at that pressure point
How about if you thread the belt backwards? Counter-clockwise instead of the usual clockwise we usually wear.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Professor said:
How about if you thread the belt backwards? Counter-clockwise instead of the usual clockwise we usually wear.
That might work. Let me try. The only thing I see that would be odd is "tail" with the velcro on it would be on my left side instead of across the holster.

Still might be a better idea.

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
That might work. Let me try. The only thing I see that would be odd is "tail" with the velcro on it would be on my left side instead of across the holster.

Still might be a better idea.
Trust me, the odd part will be the first time you have to pee really bad and try to get it loose in a hurry.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
After some experimenting, I moved the holster away from the centerline so it is outside the first loop. Now it rides on the reinforced part of the belt and is more comfortable in that position anyway

fa7b09b28bcc481e4e7d36c626cfa00b.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
mike cyrwus said:
that aint appendix, you cheater!
It's kind of appendix. You are correct, though, as usual. I would have it straddling the belt loop but forgot to get the split loop (sound familiar?)

I moved it around and this particular gun/holster felt a little better moved outward a little. It's weird how the same holster/different gun feels better in a different position

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I started wearing my Wilderness belt to work, and it makes a great work belt.

It was replaced by an SOE for EDC. The SOE is better by far.

Ricky Dennis

New Fanatic
Burk,

How is the 5.11 belt holding up? I'm thinking about buying one.

Burk Cornelius said:
After some experimenting, I moved the holster away from the centerline so it is outside the first loop. Now it rides on the reinforced part of the belt and is more comfortable in that position anyway

fa7b09b28bcc481e4e7d36c626cfa00b.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I am very pleased with it. However, I wish I would have bought the one with the reinforced lining