Nominate February's 1911 of the month

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Hello there,

We are going to have a simple friendly 1911 photo competition.

Rules are this:
You must currently own the 1911, and the photos submitted. (No Exceptions!)
One nomination per 1911.

You must have someone second you nomination.
We will take the first 5 seconded nominations or in case of more than 5 we will take a random generated picked 5. (This competition will go out in the newsletter)

For the month of February, we want to see your daily carry or range guns. We want to see the pieces that could be considered your daily drivers of 1911s. At the end of the year we want to create a simple calendar that demonstrate all of what we love to shoot at the range, so keep that in mind.

Please submit a photo, and brief description.
Make, model, caliber, any special notes.

Nominations will close on January 28th 2019.

Feel free to share the link with your friends, groups, other forums, or email lists. Please contact me directly for any comments, questions or concerns.

Good luck to all, and prepare to see some great 1911's!

Reactions: WWB

1911U004

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't remember when I bought this, but the sights are dated '11 so I'll go with that. The fancy mammoth ivory was put on in '14 or '15... it's been on my hip everyday (excepting vacations and work travel) ever since as my around the house/farm weapon.
Lint gathered since its last real cleaning:
IMG_0442.JPG IMG_0445.JPG
Who would have known that sweat from the love handles would remove the color from the pertty ivory?
IMG_0443.JPG
The right side just for comparison:
IMG_0444.JPG

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't remember when I bought this, but the sights are dated '11 so I'll go with that. The fancy mammoth ivory was put on in '14 or '15... it's been on my hip everyday (excepting vacations and work travel) ever since as my around the house/farm weapon.
Lint gathered since its last real cleaning:
View attachment 3427 View attachment 3428
Who would have known that sweat from the love handles would remove the color from the pertty ivory?
View attachment 3429
The right side just for comparison:
View attachment 3430
And this