Nighthawk Nighthawk Classic stainless....

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I've owned a few Nighthawks & have rarely done any reviews. Why, I really don't like writing these, call me lazy. The Nighthawk Classic was a new model a few years ago. This model is said to be a traditional take on the classic 1911. The top of the slide has been flattened & features a arrow serrations. French border & a gold-bead front sight also adorn the slide. The curved slide stop and thumb safety are stylistically similar to Harrison's controls. A round butt mainspring housing is another nice touch. The script engraving on this stainless pistol adds a unique element to this pistol.....also the only markings on the slide. I really could have down without the script lettering, but it is growing on me a bit. Will get into a few more thoughts on this after a bit of range time. I did replace the factory grips with an ivory set. The factory grips bothered me the way they lacked bevel at the edges. They nearly dropped off at 3/32" thickness.

My overall thoughts about features and components. After some range time with the Nighthawk, it's an instant classic. It shoots like nearly every other government model 45. I just seems to feel good and comforting, like an old set of jeans. It is smooth as well as tight, always a concern with a stainless model. No galling at this point, I really don't think it will be an issue with this pistol. I really did not think I like the gold dot front sight. I have been gravitating to fiber optic front sights, standard dot night sights or plain black target type sights. The trigger is great on this model, seems to be right at 4#, may be a hair over. I really need to get a trigger scale. I ran it rather wet, with Wilson and Nighthawk mags. The NHC mags were the ACT models, I think they are MecGar manufactured?

Overall, I can't find one thing that I would change on this pistol. Nighthawk knocked one out of the park with this Classic. I'd also note that Nighthawk has been building many, if not all pistols with a "one gun, one smith" ideology, I like that.

Below is a dealer pic & mine with the new grips.

F7390984-E478-43FA-AA7B-B3501D576B04.jpeg
Hawk 2.jpg

Hawk 3.jpg

Last edited:

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
These are great guns and specced perfectly from the factory IMO also.. I sold mine but will grab another one of these days..

I saw that,....was darn tempted to buy it. Would have been a nice set.

Reactions: WWB

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Nice looking blaster! I think my next 1911 will be SS...

WC145

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a really great looking pistol, reminds me of Dane Burns work at first glance. Very, very nice.

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
NH has hit it out of the park on this model. It has all the features it needs and little if anything it doesn't need. I'm so very tempted to start looking into one of them.

Latest posts