Night Vision

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone in the OKC area have any night vision optics they could lend me for a couple of days? No hard use just need to observe some activities at night in a field near our house. We think there are either coyotes or foxes out there.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
Are you talking about just observing or putting it on a firearm? I have a early gen monocular, doesn't have long range but I know it is good for 60 yds maybe more.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks a lot scubor2!

Alright so to piggy back on this question: Does anyone have any 40 gr subsonic 22lr I can buy off you?

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
ArGyLe64 said:
Thanks a lot scubor2!

Alright so to piggy back on this question: Does anyone have any 40 gr subsonic 22lr I can buy off you?
If you're not in a hurry, my LGS has a lot of subsonic 22lr. Google Whitaker Guns. They will ship to you. Sorry, I cannot link gun stuff at work. Which begs the question of how they don't know what this site is about.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
LOL! Thanks Bob. My father in law just emailed me and told me he has some subsonic ammo I can have.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
not really a good idea with houses all around that small field.
You could very easily skip one of those bullets into someone's living room.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
And .22 sub really isn't going to do ANYTHING, unless you hit it in the eye or extreme close range head shot, neither of which is very easy while looking through night vision. LOL.

Later,

Kirk

Uh wait....

boomer mooner

Well-Known Fanatic
Wormydog1724 said:
And .22 sub really isn't going to do ANYTHING, unless you hit it in the eye or extreme close range head shot, neither of which is very easy while looking through night vision. LOL.

Later,

Kirk

Uh wait....
I shot a large squirrel in the face a few months ago with CCI sub-sonic .22 hp from a suppressed rifle and the bullet traveled through the whole body and exited the back leg. They travel slower but have more mass and penetrate a lot better than I would have thought any way.

dennishoddy

boomer mooner said:
I shot a large squirrel in the face a few months ago with CCI sub-sonic .22 hp from a suppressed rifle and the bullet traveled through the whole body and exited the back leg. They travel slower but have more mass and penetrate a lot better than I would have thought any way.
Your correct, but it must be at a fairly close range.
What was your shot?

Latest posts