New Warbird

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Once you try, and get used to AIWB carry, you'll wonder why you waited so long. And it's amazing how comfortable you can carry anything from 3" to 6" pretty comfortably and very concealed. I have found that with my AIWB holsters I can carry my 4" 1911 more comfortably than when carrying OWB at 3 o'clock. Sometimes forget I have it on and if necessary to draw from a sitting position, appendix wins hands down.

bbp

Well-Known Fanatic
Is shorter barrel or smaller grip preferred for aiwb? Would like to give it a try

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shotgun2002

Fanatic
You are preaching to the choir, my Dad always said, I have seen a gun misfire but never a knives miss cut

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Just placed an order with Paul for the exact style holsters I have shown above but with 50/50 red elephant and for my Sig P365XL and double mag carrier. I will also be placing an order for the same set up for my newly acquired Glock 19 but I'm thinking ostrich on that set.
I'll post pics when each set arrives, new holsters are a great addition to my addiction.:)

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Great looking Warbird leather @Sneaky_One and @Babboonbobo

My last non-SS2 holster was the addition of this Warbird. It's my only one and won't be my last, hopefully. Paul does some excellent work and was very flexible in making adjustments for the non-standard dust cover & slide profile of this Mono Heavy.

I'd started out simply wanting a comfortable OWB holster for this gun for range use. After seeing the options available....I quickly shifted gears and dressed it up a bit. I'm going to give this gun some saddle time....in spite of the adjustable rear sight (my 5" SA RO's rear sight has filleted my hand more than once on overhand racks....I'm an idiot for letting it bite me again...and again, lol). The design of this holster has me crossing my fingers that it'll also work for a 5" 2011 that I'm waiting on. It will be running and RMR sight on occasion and I believe this Warbird will accommodate.

His pic first....my pics look darker for some reason...weird glare, I guess.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Great looking Warbird leather @Sneaky_One and @Babboonbobo

My last non-SS2 holster was the addition of this Warbird. It's my only one and won't be my last, hopefully. Paul does some excellent work and was very flexible in making adjustments for the non-standard dust cover & slide profile of this Mono Heavy.

I'd started out simply wanting a comfortable OWB holster for this gun for range use. After seeing the options available....I quickly shifted gears and dressed it up a bit. I'm going to give this gun some saddle time....in spite of the adjustable rear sight (my 5" SA RO's rear sight has filleted my hand more than once on overhand racks....I'm an idiot for letting it bite me again...and again, lol). The design of this holster has me crossing my fingers that it'll also work for a 5" 2011 that I'm waiting on. It will be running and RMR sight on occasion and I believe this Warbird will accommodate.

His pic first....my pics look darker for some reason...weird glare, I guess.

Your correct, Paul is very easy to work with and will try different things you want or ideas you have. He's trying to add a stiffener to my P365XL IWB holster to keep it open for easier reholstering. I tend to wear my belt a little tight as I get older and my ass is disappearing:) so the mouth collapses on me when I reinsert my firearm. Well Paul has some ideas to try and we'll see how it goes! Anxious to see what he comes up with for me.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Well it's not for a 1911 but this is my new experimental holster that Paul made me for my Sig P365XL with stiff opening! I think you could drive a Mack truck over it and it would stay open but very secure, just what I was asking for!!
It arrived Saturday and I have not worn it yet but will be using it after work every day to see how it feels. As soon as I give him the thumbs up he'll make me the matching mag carrier.
Then I'll order the G19 holster and an extra for my son. He loves my holsters but can't spend the money to buy one yet, new wife, young kids and just bought a house. So I guess it's up to Santa to get him one:)
724BF754-ECDE-4B4E-B290-31E3E0F80AEB.jpeg

66E22E71-57FC-4266-BDA9-55A7251D1F99.jpeg