New Vortex 1-6X

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Tuflehundon said:
And I find the shrinking reticle to be faster on hoser targets. Agian it's preference. No need for everyone to freak out because someone likes something different than them. It's about like the discission of 2 stage or single stage triggers. Both are are great triggers, but I like 1, and you may like the other. Is one of us wrong, no. It's what we like.
I'm not saying you're wrong. Our eyes and brains all interpret things differently. I'm curious if you're using the reticle for anything inside 300? Most are setip so you zero at ~100 then you have a BDC hold for 300, 400, 500. Or is that you just like a larger dot/reticle glowing for the close up hosing?

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
With the lower to middle end optics, I haven't found a good optic that has a daylight visible illuminated dot. Burris BDC reticle was huge and way to busy. Go into mid to high end optics and there are tons of good options. Swaro, Vortex Razor, Etc. a $400 SFP plane BDC optic just isn't enough of an upgrade for me to justify spending the cash vs going higher end and using what I have for now. I do find the smaller, yet larger than a Swaro or Vortex dot to be faster up close. FFP BDC reticles to me are also cleaner, less busy. What I didn't like with the Burris was that the reticle covered the whole targets at 1x on the hoser targets. When I have to do head shots up close I found it to busy to quickly use.

I have seen and used the VCOG, and still prefer it over the other higher end optics. 1-6 is were FFP makes much more sense to me. I can find targets faster out to 300. Sometimes 6x is to much for me at that range. Especially when targets aren'y bunched together and are hiding in the brush.

Also, sorry if I mistook what everyone was saying. Tone is difficult online.

jtischauser

The first daylight visible dots start about $800. You gotta have crosshairs running to the sides of the scope to light things up I'm told. My $2500 steiner 1-5x has a floating reticle and it's less bright then my 2009 TR24G at high noon.

Interesting discussion!

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse, you are our resident Optics Planet guru so when are they going to start selling the Strike Eagles. I was going to drop the hammer on a PST1-4 but I am waiting for the strike eagle now.

jtischauser

Some places are taking pre orders but the guys at OP tell me its not due to deliver until late spring and OP is the biggest so they likely get first dibs.

wkent

Well-Known Fanatic
Thought I could jump the queue, SWFA had it at a good price with a mount. Not to be. Backordered. More "hurry up and wait"

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I was reading through this thread, and for awhile, I was thinking "what the hell does anyone need holdover dots, stadias, etc. for inside of 300 yards"? At 300 all I do is hold in the top half to 12:00 on the target and I get hits. Inside of that I don't even bother.

bigsampson

Well-Known Fanatic
Im looking forward to putting my hands on this.
Have a 1-6 Razor that I have on an 18 inch gun but might would like to put one of these on a 16 inch gun.
Depending on the weight.
Any idea as to how heavy compared to the Razor that this one will be?

Latest posts