New Vortex 1-6X

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I heard a rumor that's not really a rumor but until I see it I will call it a rumor that Vortex is launching a 1-6X scope with a 3-gun reticle at SHOT show. The best part is that it will retail under $400.

This thing should be huge for the entry level 3-gunner.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
b33311ba7427b4890cf74d4a356d5bc2.jpg

This is huge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShaneP

Looks good to me
That's going to be awesome if so. I have a Vortex 1-4, and it's awesome for the price range.

jtischauser

I'm guessing your 1-4 is made in Philippines or wherever the expensive stuff comes from and the new one will be chinese like the crossfire line.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
So like my Burris MTAC that has a reticle so thick as to be an assault on the senses of someone who has grown up with higher-powered scopes but works great up close even thought the illumination is worthless?

jtischauser

Your not going to get usable daylight illumination for under $7-800.

So my guess would be some sort of circle or horseshoe with a small dot in the center. The dot will hopefully be 1 Moa for precision aiming and the circle will be used as a high speed hosing aiming point since illumination won't be present. Hopefully it will Have 3-4 smallish marks below the dot for 200, 300, 400, & 500 yards. Maybe a windage bar or two would be tits.

At least they're making improvements for 3 gun. That's always good news. I can't complain too much...I haven't been able to shoot past 300 in awhile now unfortunately

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Lead Farm matches have given me new appreciation for the ease by which long hits can be made with low magnification optics. Granted, the 500 yard target was probably Minute of Barn Door or so, but holdover dots were pretty well spot on. 500 was just far enough to have me wishing I had a 1-6 or maybe 1-8 instead of the 4 power max. I'd just about give my left nut for the Trijicon VCOG, but that's about what it would take to get one. I'd love to have an optic I can use in any match, from the short bay stuff to the long-range terrain courses. Some day I'll be able to pick up a FF plane optic with thick circle for close up and precise stadia lines or dots.

....and then I'll wake up because it was all a dream and I pissed the bed again.

jtischauser

Just got more info.

I hear Vortex Optics is launching a new 1-6x24 scope called the StrikeEagle at SHOT show. It will have a new "AR-BDC" reticle designed with 3-gun in mind (see photo below). It will weigh in around 17.6 oz and will MSRP at $429 which means it should be sub $400 when it hits the streets. This is going to be a game changer for the entry level scope market! I can't wait.

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
I hope this is will be at the price point rumor and have some quality to it. My upgrade to a 1x6 got put on hold for something else in the works to purchase