New guy

jonvenzuela

Fanatic
Hi, I'm Jon. I'm from the Philippines, I'm an English teacher, I was an amateur MMA competitor and coaching staff of a gym and I'd like to think that I'm a good cook. I recently ordered a 1911 from the local Rock Island Armory shop, I'm still in the waiting period for the registration before my firearm is released to me. I originally was going to get a revolver because of the lower price, but it was out of stock so I convinced my wife to let me spend a little more to get a 1911, the model I ordered is a basic GI model chambered in 9mm.

slugger6

Fanatic
I have been a 1911 guy for years. I don't know why it took me this long to join this site. I am former career Army, enlisted then OCS to officer. Two tours in Vietnam...First Cavalry Division sniper then Team Leader of a MACV special ops team. Glad to be here!

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I have been a 1911 guy for years. I don't know why it took me this long to join this site. I am former career Army, enlisted then OCS to officer. Two tours in Vietnam...First Cavalry Division sniper then Team Leader of a MACV special ops team. Glad to be here!
Most important thing is you did join us!
Thank you for your service.

jonvenzuela

Fanatic

Much respect! I'm not from the States but glad to be part of the free world so thank you for your service sir

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome Home Brother 199th light LRRP 69-70

slugger6

Fanatic
Welcome Home Brother 199th light LRRP 69-70
I sometimes accompanied LRRPs on patrols based out of Phuoc Vinh. I acquired some suppressors from them in exchange for something I had and they needed. I don't recall the details. I was there from July to December 1969.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I sometimes accompanied LRRPs on patrols based out of Phuoc Vinh. I acquired some suppressors from them in exchange for something I had and they needed. I don't recall the details. I was there from July to December 1969.
Arrived in-country in Oct '69. Maybe crossed paths.

SJO

Fanatic
Hi, I'm Jon. I'm from the Philippines, I'm an English teacher, I was an amateur MMA competitor and coaching staff of a gym and I'd like to think that I'm a good cook. I recently ordered a 1911 from the local Rock Island Armory shop, I'm still in the waiting period for the registration before my firearm is released to me. I originally was going to get a revolver because of the lower price, but it was out of stock so I convinced my wife to let me spend a little more to get a 1911, the model I ordered is a basic GI model chambered in 9mm.

Latest posts