New Guy from Charleston area

ReefShark

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello everyone,

I've scanned the forum for a while now and finally bit the proverbial bullet and registered. I'm originally from the Savannah, GA area and settled in Charleston a few years back.

My father was a gun collector his whole life and his only brother (my uncle) was also a collector. I have inherited both of their collections and combined with my own...I have outgrown my gun closet. This is a good problem - I know!

That being said, I plan to put a few guns up for sale/trade in the for sale section soon. I have close to 20 rifles and half a dozen pistols that are going to be on the market soon. I'm keeping plenty - more or less the guns that have sentimental value or I am having fun with over at Boggy Head.

I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone. This is a great site. Happy New Year everyone...Jeff.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff: Welcome to the Forum. Glad you found us.

Sure hate to hear about that overrun of guns at your house...Let me be the first to offer to help you out...I have a truck and am available at any time to haul away all those extra guns that are creating problems for you...just let me know and I will come and get 'em...LOL

now, seriously, what do you shoot the most ??

Steve

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Howdee.
BTW let me know if you need help with the guns since Steve's truck is way too small to be of any use!

ReefShark

Well-Known Fanatic
Ha! I'm feeling the love already. Seriously though, thanks for the welcome. My favorite guns to simply have fun with are my m-1 carbine (rifle) and my 92f 9mm (pistol). The 9mm was actually my dad's sidearm when he was a police officer so there is some sentimental attachment. He was also retired from the Air Force and carried the Beretta (I believe) because it was the same pistol he carried there towards the end of his career when the military moved away from the .38. The grips are modified, but that is the only change. The .30 cal was my first rifle (besides a single shot .22 that I learned with and also still have). It's funny how my first rifle is still my favorite after collecting for all these years. It is a sweet little carbine though and on more than one occasion other folks at Boggy Head have been welcomed to empty a magazine from her! Everyone loves a sweet little .30 cal.

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome!! Call me if I can ever help you out. I was stationed at Tybee for 4 years. Best damn tour I did. Bought my first home in Richmond Hill....Closer to go hunt and shoot :D

ReefShark

Well-Known Fanatic
Fantastic!

I know the area well, I grew up in a little place called Lake George, near the Georgia coast in-between Richmond Hill and Midway. I love that area also...shooter's paradise.

ReefShark

Well-Known Fanatic
By the way, I just checked out the HHB website. Kudos, my friend. Nothing but respect for deciding to open your own place. That's a great story...

D & R Gunsmithing

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the forum. You won't find a better bunch of knowledge than right here in this forum. We all work together to help you out or get the right answer.

WELCOME!!!

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
The best time to go to Boggy Head is when a bunch of us go...Who cares about being crowed...It is a great time when a bunch of us show up to shoot together....

But, if you are going by yourself, thru the week in the daytime you just might have the place to yourself...

Steve

ReefShark

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Rich,

I cruised by the shop last night, but you were closed. I'll surely be back. I checked out your Facebook page as well and "liked" it so I can get updates. Thanks for the welcome.

Oh, and that is a great way to sum up Boggy-Head...

mark_b

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi Reef

Glad to have another new member. Everyone on the forums are great guys and gals and people are friendly and ready to help out. I live in the Charleston area too, in Summerville.

Mark

Latest posts