New Case Help

Matt K

Fanatic
Good afternoon everyone. As a fanatic, I find my collection growing, and so do my needs to carry it around. My current set up is a soft range bag for gear, mags etc, and a Pelican 1300 which holds 3 handguns up to 5" 1911 in size in a vertical position with the slide at the top, and magazine base plate at the bottom along with 3 magazines. While three is okay, I would prefer a set up that could hold 4-5 guns as well as some items; magazine, tools, etc. Ideally I would like to stick with a hard case similar to a Pelican, but I'm open to other ideas.

DukeSoprano

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a HUGE Pelican with wheels, my idea was to design an interior for it that would hold everything including big boxes of ammo and various pistol cases, but my wife wanted a new bathroom so my case is on hold.

quantico

Active Fanatic
i have some large large soft gym bag style shooting bags, they all got so heavy i can barely move them.

i now tend to use pistol rugs in a craftsman tool bag with safety glasses and ammo and electronic hearing protection inside. i tend to take two guns at a time to the range. more than that and it just feels like i am cleaning more than shooting.

i do believe in getting 25 rounds thru the carry gun i am wearing when i go to the range... but that does not require a ton of cleaning that week.

quantico

Active Fanatic
my idea was to design an interior for it that would hold everything including big boxes of ammo and various pistol cases, but my wife wanted a new bathroom so my case is on hold.
Exactly how big a case were you designing ?? that the bathroom grabbed the budget ?

a move that i highly understand and agree with.... by the way.

DukeSoprano

Well-Known Fanatic
The bathroom took my time LOL plus it has been HOT here and fall and winter are my "garage time" seasons
Pelican Storm im2950 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018LJSLM/?tag=1911fans-20
My "idea" was a fab an interior kind of like a closet organizer where I could slip in various gun cases, ammo, ears, eyes and so on.
I have smaller cases and I thought it would be nice if they fit inside so when at the range I can pull whatever case I want from the big case
I know i am WAY over thinking this!

Matt K

Fanatic
The bathroom took my time LOL plus it has been HOT here and fall and winter are my "garage time" seasons
Pelican Storm im2950 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018LJSLM/?tag=1911fans-20
My "idea" was a fab an interior kind of like a closet organizer where I could slip in various gun cases, ammo, ears, eyes and so on.
I have smaller cases and I thought it would be nice if they fit inside so when at the range I can pull whatever case I want from the big case
I know i am WAY over thinking this!

I think you will need a much bigger case, in order to be able to carry other cases inside. something like this: LOL
https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/long-case/protector/1740

Gunny

Fanatic
This may sound strange on a pistol forum but the most versatile case out there is the Pelican 1751.

Yes, it is a long gun case but if you purchase the 3 piece foam insert set you can customize each one. Thus creating 4 different cases.

It will easily carry your 4-5 handguns, mags., ammo and more. Another bonus is it's airline approved and on wheels.

Livinthelife

Fanatic
I like pelican, but I have a boyt that runs a lil cheaper and is an inch or 2 bigger than the pelican counter part. American made with similar bells and whistles.

quantico

Active Fanatic
i get less attention with my soft tool bags from craftsman . they hold several guns and ammo and ears