New 3 Gunner in OKC

Baby Seal Club

Active Fanatic
Hey everybody. My name is Ansel and I wanted to reach out and start getting involved in 3 gun. I'm completely new to the sport, but have some practical experience with pistol and rifle (not competition). I'm a complete newb when it comes to the shotgun, pretty much knowing only that you point the barrel that way and there is a difference between shot and slugs. I decided to try out the sport because I like to shoot and am a bit, ok a lot, of a gear junkie and this seemed like the perfect marriage of the two.

I decided to join this forum because it seems like a good community, has been quite informative, and there seem to be a lot of local people on here.

I would like to come out to the next match to check it out and would appreciate some help figuring out how to spend the money I've earmarked for this new adventure and any other tips you all think would be helpful as I get started.

Cheers,
Ansel

Baby Seal Club

Active Fanatic
Why do I feel like a seal that's decided to take a dip off the coast of South Africa all of a sudden? :p. But yeah I could use some help as I don't want to wind up spending a lot of money to find out that I over spent, bought gear that looked tactic-cool but is worthless, or bought a gun that had a lot of marketing hype and is actually quite worthless as a competition weapon. What's the best way to get advice on that front? Post what I have and the budget to a particular area of the forum? Still getting a feel for this place.

Latest posts