Springfield Armory New 1911 EMP

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking forward to a range report. I'm curious how "snappy" it is.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
The EMP 9mm is a tac driver. Just remember to brake it in 1st with a decent quality range ammunition. About 200 rounds, then it will eat anything you feed it...

DSTALLGUY

Active Fanatic
I had an EMP 40 for less than 1 year. The recoil plus the serrated trigger was not fun for more than a couple mags. I should have kept it and swapped out for a smooth face trigger...maybe on the next one.

Congrats on your new toy. They're great for BUG matches and deep concealment

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
The EMP 9mm is a tac driver. Just remember to brake it in 1st with a decent quality range ammunition. About 200 rounds, then it will eat anything you feed it...
Not always. I had an EMP and it required significant work to run. Not just reliably but at all.

If you get a good then you are fine but if not great ready......

DSTALLGUY

Active Fanatic
Mine kept blowing the tritium vials out of the front sight. Mine had no other issues but hurt my trigger finger as mentioned in my previous post

AVG40

Active Fanatic
I was able to get to the indoor range 09/17/18. I took my Colt defender 45 and the new EMP 40. I put 100 rounds thru the EMP no hang ups the gun is accurate the recoil with this steel frame makes it feel like shooting a 9mm.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the 3" and 4" in 9MM. The 3" came out of the box and ate everything I fed it. No issues at all. The 4" I had to run about 200 rounds of FMJ range ammo and I polished the feed ramp. Now that sucker will eat anything. They are both tac drivers. I think my next will be a 4" .40 . I don't have anything in .40 and want to try one..

Lief

New Fanatic
S.A. EMP 1911 4" 9mm contour pistols are having a lot of issues, are the new emp"s after March 2019 still having a lot of issues? Want to buy one so bad! But I don"t need the hassle! Need some replies please! THANKS LIEF

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
S.A. EMP 1911 4" 9mm contour pistols are having a lot of issues, are the new emp"s after March 2019 still having a lot of issues? Want to buy one so bad! But I don"t need the hassle! Need some replies please! THANKS LIEF

Buy a Dan Wesson ECP instead. The pricing is similar. No MIM parts in a DW! My local gunsmith quoted me nearly $200 in parts to do a triggerjob on my EMP (versus using the MIM parts which will degrade over a much lower round count).

Last edited:

Wild Bill

New Fanatic
I have a new Dan Wesson ECP and there is no doubt in my mind it is a great pistol. However, I purchased a use EMP Carry over a year ago (it looked new) which cost me $750.00. I had a nitrate (I believe that is the correct term) finish to cover the bare SS slide. It not only looks great but in over 900 rounds it has gone bang every time and the accuracy is good. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_d5b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_d5b.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 9

Roadwarrior77

Fanatic
I have the EMP4 Lightweight Champion, not the CCC model, but it has been flawless in over 2,000 rounds. I do take it apart and clean & lube after every range trip. I also use only factory new ammo, usually Federal.....

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I have both the 3" and 4" in 9MM. I haven't had any issues with either one. The 3" gave me a couple of FTE's but after 200 rounds of break in nothing since. I have used so many different types of ammunition including Freedom Reman. that all I do is clean and lube after I shoot them. I do that to all my weapons after each use not just those 2.

Lief

New Fanatic

Lief

New Fanatic
Do all 1911 triggers comes with being serrated on the front. Replies please. Thanks LIEF

crash83

New Fanatic
I have been eyeing these as well, i run 2 Range officer champions and a Long Beach operator.
Really like them.