My First Glock.

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
Used to choot dat Tupperware back in the day playing action pistol, PPC games.
My first was a G21. Probably put 25k rounds through that Block.
I sold it for $50 less then I paid for it one day and soon regretted it.
So I Compensated with 9mm, 10mm, 40sw and 45s. Both big ones and smaller ones.
Still got em. Hard to find better help then a G19... unless it a 1911:)

Last edited:

quantico

Active Fanatic
glocks have their place. i owned maybe 15 at one time. i sold most of them , but have bought several gen 2 glocks that I missed. I also purchased a couple RTF glocks / gen 3 that i like the look of but hate the finger grooves.

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
19x done.jpg
I will tell you the 19X is the first Glock trigger I have liked. I dyed the frame then stippled it quick just to see, I'm going to send the slide off to get it black.

quantico

Active Fanatic
i have shot the gen 5 and the trigger seems better than most glocks. the gen 2 glock with a APEX trigger and shoe is the best glock trigger i have shot. I love that the gen 5 has no more of the horrible finger grooves, but it has a lot of non gen 2 and gen 3 swappable parts. i guess it's a non issue as i have more glocks than i could wear out in several lifetimes.

pscipio03

Fanatic
I own Glocks for the same reason I own toilet paper. They serve a purpose and are damn convenient.
Have one of Lou's early runs before he started building his BEC P series.
Shoots straight, doesn't stop and the press checks are perfect.

Barb

Well-Known Fanatic
I must have about 5 Glocks. I have double stacks which as I get older I can not use well. Small hands and arthritis is setting in. Fingers just don't work like they used to. BUT, the 43 works well with my hands because it is single stacked. I appendix conceal carry and the length of the barrel works well for me. That's why it has become my EDC.

bbp

Well-Known Fanatic
I just ordered the new Glock 45 today, full size frame with shorter slide like a 19x. I picked up a 19x recently, it shoots great and is very comfortable. I sent it out and had the thing cerakote black. Now glock is releasing a MOS gen 5 19, so I'll need that, maybe just to swap the slide into the 19x frame.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

quantico

Active Fanatic
with carry guns in my opinion simple is better. i prefer my 45acp shields to the 42 or 43 glocks. capacity is better and the grip and trigger feel better to me. i like gen 2 glocks over any of the newer stuff. i hate the finger grooves and like the older finish better.

i have not shot glocks with red dot sights... maybe i am missing out on something awesome that i have no experience with, but a simple 45 shield or G19 or G21 or G20 works well for me. a G19 with a spare mag in my pocket loaded with critical duty ( my preferred carry ammo in every caliber ) and i just feel comfortable and good to go.

i tried out a friend's springfield 365 and liked the trigger and capacity vs size , but i have a lot of carry guns now and could likely be better off selling 6 i don't use much instead of adding to the big bag of carry guns.

Latest posts