My First Competition

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
I went to Pryor yesterday (7-9) to shoot the Steel Challenge at Alpha Training Academy. The day went well, as I didn't DQ, and finished 4th in my division. OK, so the 5th shooter DNF'D. My major observation is this - THE TIMER IS EVIL. The mental stigma of this inanimate object ticking away, judging my performance was a continual PITA. I had a few runs where I was able to get it out of my head and just enjoy the moment. But then it was there again, beeping away, messing with my mind. But do not fear, I will return. I will prevail. I will destroy the monster.
Thanks to all that were there to show me the ropes. See you next month in Pryor.

jimeradams

Well-Known Fanatic
Good for you for getting out there and giving it a go! I haven't had the money or time to try a comp yet, but I'm working up to it!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Congrats to 4th in your division.
I've really enjoyed doing competitions more and more every time I do one. Keep up the good shooting.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
ussa has steel challenge the first Sunday of the month, Oil capitol has it the 3rd Sunday i think.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I think we need to plan a bunch of carpooling from OKC and Tulsa to go shoot the Alpha Training academy USPSA match in August. We can support our newest USPSA club and our new section coordinator. I got a 15 passenger can I can bring.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
I think we need to plan a bunch of carpooling from OKC and Tulsa to go shoot the Alpha Training academy USPSA match in August. We can support our newest USPSA club and our new section coordinator. I got a 15 passenger can I can bring.

you could also car pool to ussa for proam on the same date.

Latest posts